• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Sweat. I'll be ready...

Paul S said:
I can't compete with the king of 14ga.:(

P

I don't know why he doesn't lose the air shocks, run torsion bars to the rear links, put a simple hoop over each seat, and run it.

Can you make a torsion bar out of 14ga rolled up?

:)

djblade311 said:
mj206.jpg

Poor Phil :D

You know, if you lose that dashboard you'll probably save at least 3-4lbs.....

:wave:

vintagespeed said:
You know, if you lose that dashboard you'll probably save at least 3-4lbs.....

:wave:

Actually it is 7 lbs.but then you have to hang guages and figure out the wiring.

Not worth it Jim ;)

Clean-RC said:
What a waste of a perfectly good MJ... I liked it before...should have used some lighter chromoly...:D

Whats the plan for it Capt'n??

I know what you mean, but there was little to be done about it at this stage. Stay tuned...

Paul S said:
Don't cut too much Ron, otherwise they'll be nothing left to cut off & rearrange next month.:cheers:

Paul

:D

Goatman said:
So, you didn't even like the back end? This should be interesting..............this fever is really contagious.

Moab? How about BOTW '07? :D

Oh, and be sure to get some good measurements before you cut anymore. For some reasons these rigs don't seem to be square anymore........if they ever were. :)

The B hoop was too wide, and the rear was tied into the back of the cab, so off the whole rear went.

Fever? No fever here, I'm blaming the company I've been keeping the last 4 months. :D

The rear end was shifted about an inch. The front is pushed back a half inch on the same side. Why can't this just be simple? :D

The rest of you guys...

Don't tempt me. :D

--ron

This is getting old!!! The paint was barely dry from last weeks projects & here I found myself last night spending another $60 on cutting disks & flappers.
It's going to be another 2 weeks of late nights getting ready for the next run.

P

Paul S said:
This is getting old!!! The paint was barely dry from last weeks projects & here I found myself last night spending another $60 on cutting disks & flappers.
It's going to be another 2 weeks of late nights getting ready for the next run.

P

So now what are you doing over????

I just spent $100 plus for mics stuff at the welding store this morning too........

Goatman said:
So now what are you doing over????

Boatsides.
Last week I narrowed the wings & door bars 5.5".
Monday night I noticed that my rocker is bowing up in the middle, so I'm cutting it out. Course that means I have to cut my door bars & other stuff off, & who knows how deep I'll have to cut into the rocker.

P

Paul S said:
Boatsides.
Last week I narrowed the wings & door bars 5.5".
Monday night I noticed that my rocker is bowing up in the middle, so I'm cutting it out. Course that means I have to cut my door bars & other stuff off, & who knows how deep I'll have to cut into the rocker.

P
ok, ok......... i will make room for you in my garage and build you some strong sliders but you have to promise to tell every one that your rig was saved by my 250 lb ( a pair ) frame stiffener sliders!! that will save your door bars and other stuff and it will look like you never even had to cut in to your rockers :doh: but in return i want you to admit that lighter is not always better :D

djblade311 said:
Everyone should caption this picture

mj206.jpg

"Damn... I can't remember. Is the baby seat supposed to face forwards or backwards?"

Last edited:
How's Phil holding up to your work schedule? :D

Last edited:
steagall9301 said:
ok, ok......... i will make room for you in my garage and build you some strong sliders but you have to promise to tell every one that your rig was saved by my 250 lb ( a pair ) frame stiffener sliders!! that will save your door bars and other stuff and it will look like you never even had to cut in to your rockers :doh: but in return i want you to admit that lighter is not always better :D

NEVER, ligheter is ALWAYS better, you have just to outsmart the metal.
My last boatside was 10ga with 11ga rocker, my new one will be 14ga/11GA, with 1 additional support.

Paul

Paul S said:
NEVER, ligheter is ALWAYS better, you have just to outsmart the metal.
My last boatside was 10ga with 11ga rocker, my new one will be 14ga/11GA, with 1 additional support.

Paul

Have you guys hit the nuclear submarine junkyard yet? I found a ton of titanium plate for really cheap. It glows a little at night, and I'm fairly certain there aren't any more kids in my future, but it's well worth the weight savings.

Back