• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No crank...

5-90 said:
Make sure you have power to Pin 30 - should be constantly hot.

I don't recall which way the coil of the relay is wired - check. With the coil out, check continuity between Pin 85 & ground, and Pin 86 & ground. One will have continuity, the other should have +12V with the key in the START position.

If both of those check out, replace the relay. Should be a standard DIN/ISO relay, available anywhere for around ten bucks.

Hallo. A question for understanding please. The pin 86 or 85 is one of them going to the NSS? So if I jumped from pin 85 to ground, the NSS is bypassed and the jeep will start in any gear? So you can test the NSS very easy.
thamks and gr.:huh:

wim hoppenbrouwers said:
Hallo. A question for understanding please. The pin 86 or 85 is one of them going to the NSS? So if I jumped from pin 85 to ground, the NSS is bypassed and the jeep will start in any gear? So you can test the NSS very easy.
thamks and gr.:huh:

Without looking at the wiring diagrams, I can't be sure. However, I do think that the power lead is "broken upstream" by the NSS, so it would make for a simple check. The only difference would be that if I were checking the NSS that way, I'd crank it in Park and again in Neutral (just to check both circuits in the NSS.)

Back