• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no carpet/herculiner write up

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
a two in one combo.

SINCE NOBODY HAS A WRITE UP!, i thought i might do one!

im in the process of it now, i should be done with it by sunday hopefully.
i have school during the week so most of it will be done this weekend.
im prepping the jeep now.
the carpet is out.
im removing rust. patching holes, etc...

ill have a complete write up and pictures, before and after

I'm actually in the midst of the same project. I'm using the Eastwood "Full Frame and Suspension Restoration Kit" (PN 12787ZP / 12788ZP) to help with my rust. First you lay down a layer of rust converter, then their Rust Encapsulator (like POR-15, but better), and then a topcoat of gloss or matte Chassis Black paint. I still need to patch five holes and lay down the seam sealer (PN 31028ZP) and topcoat before I apply the Herculiner. Mine will be done before this Saturday; I'll post some more observations after the weekend.

IntrepidXJ said:
a writeup really isn;t necessary.
Well, it's not now that one's been written.

My Herculiner has actually started to peel up in places, which really sucks. I don't think it's the fault of the Herc itself, though, since it peels all the way down to the original red paint. My best guess is that putting the Eastwood Rust Converter over the whole floor, not just the rusty parts, is to blame. Disappointing, though, because I didn't worry about saving the leftover Herc.

Mambeu said:
My Herculiner has actually started to peel up in places, which really sucks. I don't think it's the fault of the Herc itself, though, since it peels all the way down to the original red paint. My best guess is that putting the Eastwood Rust Converter over the whole floor, not just the rusty parts, is to blame. Disappointing, though, because I didn't worry about saving the leftover Herc.

that's because of a poor prep job. like i said.....it's the most important part

Back