• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie/Stocker Run

Avanteone said:
I might be able to make this. The whole family needs a day out of easy wheeling... You guys figure out where to go to breakfast yet? I have no problem helping to educate some of the more stockish equipped rigs or new drivers.

John
Is there somewhere in Belfair to eat and greet?

Sniggs said:
Is there somewhere in Belfair to eat and greet?

Not to much in Belfair. There is a sheri's right off of hwy 16 in port orchard.

221 Bravo Ter
Port Orchard, WA 98367

I did a city search, didn't really come up with anything else.

a few things

#1, when do i need to know for sure by and commit? i am almost 18 in high school, things come up fast.

#2, if i do go, which i truly really want to, i would love nothing more then to convoy with other pdxers.

#3, i have a part time job and as of right now ive got some money to blow. another paycheck on the 25th. this brings me to a question- get new mt/agressive tires before the trip, or like into a hitch or tow hooks, or, will this trip probably not need any of those?

and, for the record, its oregonians
:)

jpars said:
a few things

#1, when do i need to know for sure by and commit? i am almost 18 in high school, things come up fast.

#2, if i do go, which i truly really want to, i would love nothing more then to convoy with other pdxers.

#3, i have a part time job and as of right now ive got some money to blow. another paycheck on the 25th. this brings me to a question- get new mt/agressive tires before the trip, or like into a hitch or tow hooks, or, will this trip probably not need any of those?

and, for the record, its oregonians
:)

The place we're going to isn't much of a 'wheeling' spot to break the bank over. We appreciate the enthusiasm, but it can be a very quick place to run through, with most folks being done before lunch. I just want you Oregonians to understand that before coming all the way up...

That said, it's also not an 'official' run with registration and such. Just a group of folks getting together. You're either there or you're not. :)

The first things anyone should ever be worried about should be extraction points. GET YOUR TOW POINTS FIRST! I can't stress this enough. Tow points, your own stretch-type recovery strap, and a fullsize spare should be first on anyone's list.

jpars said:
a few things

Sounds like it'll be the younger Oregonians representing up there. None of the three of us are over 22! :D

Jpars, from what I'm hearing so far, our (PDXXJNOOB and myself) plan is to go up the night before and stay over at IXNAYXJ's house. That way we wont have to make the trip at 5 in the morning the day of. We'd love to have you come along just so we can meet another Oregon XJ'er and to up the presence of us "cast-offs". ;)

Looks like I will be going afterall, I plan on taking the ferry instead of driving around since I get free ferry tickets. A couple of my buddys may tag along with there Jeeps to, just not for sure yet on them. My dad should be riding along to for his first wheeling trip.

Dvipercop said:
Sounds like it'll be the younger Oregonians representing up there. None of the three of us are over 22! :D

Jpars, from what I'm hearing so far, our (PDXXJNOOB and myself) plan is to go up the night before and stay over at IXNAYXJ's house. That way we wont have to make the trip at 5 in the morning the day of. We'd love to have you come along just so we can meet another Oregon XJ'er and to up the presence of us "cast-offs". ;)

i am seriously trying to make it work. im gonna have school monday morning in portland- but i am a 2nd semester senior........ i have a little leeway in choosing my priorities :)

also, ecksjay, the money is obviously going into the jeep no matter what :) so i just wanted to see what would be the best use of it and if it would have mattered for the run. if it is that easy of a run, i might get the new tires because im not about to buy a brand new hitch. ill wait and snag the right one from a junker

bass2323 said:
A couple of my buddys may tag along with there Jeeps to, just not for sure yet on them......

........ My dad should be riding along to for his first wheeling trip.

What kinda Heeps?

I was also thinkin of bringing along the old man. But naaa.

Think a Mazda should come too? Naaa..

im gonna try like hell to get the day off. theres a decent sit down restuarant in belfair to grab breakfast at called JR's i think. its right before the shell station or we can all meet in the QFC parking lot. like i said before i live up in poulsbo so for the guys hitting the ferry afterwards we can come back to my palce and have a BBQ. Im bringing my girl and a few friends so we should have some extra seats if someone needs it. Tayhua is big enough we can split up in groups and hit the different trails. should be fun

if anyone is interested we're going tomorrow for a possible overnighter. weather permiting but we're definitly gonna be there all weekend. need to try my new lift.

Hey everyone, there is a decent place to eat in Belfair called Jimmy d's right off of hiway 3 going down the hill into belfair, should be able to accomodate a large group of us, would be willing to meet there as early as anyone wants to be there since i only live 10 min away, so if this sounds good to anyone let me know, looking forward to seeing all of you out there.

Ps Jimmy D's is like 2 blocks from Safeway to meet up with the rest who dont make it for breakfast

cool Phil just give me a time, and will be there.

8am sounds good, then can meet the with thosewho dont show up for breakfast at safeway at say 9 and leave at 930 or so, that will get us out there at a good time.

Back