• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEWBIE and PROJECT

TN-88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm from nashville,TN and recently traded and old rover of mine because I've always liked xj's and I wanted something different. Is their anyone from Nashville on this board?

Anyway my new rig is a 1988 XJ with the 4.0,auto,dana 35, and I'm not sure what else yet because i don't know that much about them. I plan on turning it into a trail truck

It does have a problem right now that i believe is the distributor because it will idle fine now after changing the fluids and cleaning the injectors but when i put it in gear, most times it will stall out. Whats causing this? Also my PS pump leaks bad but i think i have started to slowly fix that with some lucas PS fluid.!!!1

could be a carbon coated idle speed control motor causing the stalling...or bad egr valve...you can disconnect the egr and play with it by hand a bit to see if you can diagnois thte problem...i'm sure there are a few naxja'ers in nashville

im from huntsville alabama...not to far away from you...usually i ride halfway between huntsville and nashville

Back