• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ owner

xjrick94

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up my first XJ yesterday. Its a 94 4.0 auto 4wd. It has the Chrysler 8.5 rear, dana 30 front, 3.5 lift, 31x10.5x15 tires, magnaflow exhaust, and a rough country steering stabilizer.

From what i can see it leaks oil. 2 tires are shot and the other 2 are fairly new pro comp extreme MT.

The jeep needs love but its a start. I found a bumper on Craigslist so i'll probably pick that up after work one of these days. Now to hunt down 2 used tires.

IMG_20130424_220002_286_zps777275f6.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I plan on upgrading it as my wallet allows. I want 33's, 4.5 long arm lift, quick disconnect sway bars, rock sliders, lockers, gears, etc etc

Common oil leak areas are: Oil filter adapter, Rear main Seal and valve cover gasket. Rear main seal is 2 piece so you can change it without dropping the transmission. Just search the oem/mod tech, plenty of writeups in there.

Great thanks. I haven't really had a chance to look at it in detail. I bought it late last night and well now i'm at work.

I'm dying to go out and find some trails but don't feel too comfortable yet since it needs two tires and i have no spare. I already know that its somewhat reliable since the seller drove it roughly 60 miles to drop it off yesterday.

Word
Welcome to the group!

Oil leaks mean that you have fluid. It's when the leaks stop that you have worry about it. hehe.
:laugh2:
I have a stock rear bumper you can have. Just have to make your way over to pick it up. Its.

Great Thanks. Coincidentally I'll Be In Lake Elsinore This Weekend. Is It Black And Is It in Decent Shape?

Not Sure Why But My Phone KeEps Capitalizing The First Letter In Every Word

Word
:laugh2:

Great Thanks. Coincidentally I'll Be In Lake Elsinore This Weekend. Is It Black And Is It in Decent Shape?

Not Sure Why But My Phone KeEps Capitalizing The First Letter In Every Word

Its in good condition. Champagne color.
Ill be home Saturday morning and Sunday all day.

Now to see if it fits in my trailer. I have a 7x12ft 2 axle trailer It has an attached ramp in the rear. I have had a 2 door 99 civic in there and it barely fit. The ramp wouldn't close so i strapped it to the car. I can also remove the ramp and should be able to slide it under the jeep.

That thing is hard core!

Back