• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New rig.

If it makes you feel better... I drove into that hole too :D

Good to know haha. Did you get pulled out of it or were you able to drive out?

**UPDATE**
The Strange third member and locker were dropped off @ Right Gear and Axle of Salinas today. Dan Williams and Jose ordered up some cheapy 4.88s for it. Figured I would gear it to match the d30 for now. When the new front axle is under the Jeep THEN I'll worry about going to 5.38s.

Ordered a Daytona pinion support and a 1310 yoke. I want to go to 1350, but once again, I'll take care of that later.

Also, I installed a steering box spacer from IRO that XJENSEN gave me at sierrafest. That along with a front stubby bumper I built in 2008. Front end is nice and stiff again. This week I hope to get the steering box replaced with my new s10 unit along with pulling apart the Dana 44 and seeing how many teeth broke.

I convinced this guy to buy one.

Just purchased a Dirtbound Stubby Bumper. Should look better then my old high school project.

Did you order anything else? I didn't.

Couldn't pass up the 30% off and free shipping!

Indeed! I also had a Gift cert from Sierra Fest 14 SO, I figured it was a good time to use it!
I ordered the Stubby Recovery Bumper with the Receiver add-on.
I appreciate the fact that Max's bumpers come with frame tie-in brackets. And that his bumpers are basically setup to run with frame stiffies.

Yea ima use it as a base start to a stubby winch bumper ima stuff a winch under the radiator Which is why I didn't get the receiver add on!

I was going to build my own stubby from scratch but the material and time plus no plasma go cut couldn't beat 100 bucks lol

I plan on adding some kind of "wings". Can't have an Expo rig. without proper protection! But, a good start. Cost is less expensive than a full bumper, looks like a good platform to start with.
I hope DBO comes out with an MJ rear bumper/hitch receiver apparatus soon. The JCR DIY MJ rear costs too much IMO.

I plan on adding some kind of "wings". Can't have an Expo rig. without proper protection! But, a good start. Cost is less expensive than a full bumper, looks like a good platform to start with.
I hope DBO comes out with an MJ rear bumper/hitch receiver apparatus soon. The JCR DIY MJ rear costs too much IMO.
Yea I'm going to build off it with tube work going out the ends to my fenders

Yea I'm going to build off it with tube work going out the ends to my fenders

Maybe we can have a build party? Haha. And MAYBE.. invite Chris. Haha.

Don't invite me. I don't even work on my own junk as often as I should.
You're almost like the comedic relief in a movie. OR is that your mom, I forget..

badass.

Back