• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new paint for me lady...

i like it,

my friend just painted his 2door that same exact color.. but its a 4cyl 2wd so its definitely not as cool lol

hmm looks pretty identical to my friends xj... cept he has bfg mud terrains.

IMG_0283.jpg

dude i totally dig the color man!!! best color ever!!!!! did you do it yourself or have it professionally done? What color is that? Looks like grabber green engine enamel. Well anyways i dont think i would have done the plastics around the head lights i would have done them black... Lets just hope you dont tip yours like i did mine after i painted it. After i did mine it was about 4 to 5 weeks and boom tiped it on the drivers side lol.... anyways looks good Profesionally done right?

So how much to do mine....I like it.

My buddy and I did it for $250 in materials and it took the whole day saturday. If you wanted to have it done I am sure we set something up for beer and pizza.

those lights in his grill are interesting[/QUOTE]

They are the stock flood lights mounted to a bracket attached to the grill. I could snap a photo if you want.

dude i totally dig the color man!!! best color ever!!!!! did you do it yourself or have it professionally done? What color is that? Looks like grabber green engine enamel. Well anyways i dont think i would have done the plastics around the head lights i would have done them black... Lets just hope you dont tip yours like i did mine after i painted it. After i did mine it was about 4 to 5 weeks and boom tiped it on the drivers side lol.... anyways looks good Profesionally done right?

I did it with my buddy and it was called signal green from the local paint shop.

did you do a clear coat on it? mine is the one that MaxxXJ posted. Its just engine enamel. I didnt do any clear coat on it but am thinking of doing another two coats and then throwing a clear coat on it. Not sure though...

did you do a clear coat on it? mine is the one that MaxxXJ posted. Its just engine enamel. I didnt do any clear coat on it but am thinking of doing another two coats and then throwing a clear coat on it. Not sure though...

No I bought a one coat or one stage paint. I did two coats then wet sanded any bad spots with 1500 grit and hit them with a light coat. It was pretty easy just time consuming.

lol aj your just gonna get it all scratched up, i'd leave it like it is

come on mike i wont scratch it i will just dent it lol.... But no i was thinking of redoing mine because of the area on the fender and a above the windshield where i tipped it. Gotta do touch up lol. plus i am gonna be getting a door here soon so i gotta do that too

Back