• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Mexico newb

joecrotch

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Just want to see if there is any New Mexico members out there, and introduce myself. I have been a XJ owner for about 3 months now and am deep into my dedicated trail build. Would really love to meet up with other XJ'ers or offroaders. I am a family man with a small child so we do a lot of family trail rides. Be great to get a bunch of us together for a ride. I live in Santa Fe, and know local trails in my area that are a blast would love to share them with people from Albuquerque or share yours with me! thanks everyone! Here is a couple pics of my project getting ready to do the cage and roof chop this weekend.

Mods if I put this in the wrong area please move.

Here it is the day I got it.

Untitled by joe30bmw, on Flickr
Got it home and realized there was a suprize under it, a D44!

here it is currently

Yeah we don't make it very obvious. Have fun :)

Hey joecrotch, I'm All Play from Grants NM. About 2.5 hrs from you. Welcome to the endless money pit.

Thanks all play! I am already learning that one. My cheap build is turning out to be not so cheap lol. But its worth it! I think I was looking at some pica of you snow wheeling earlier last year where was that? Looked like Cuba area?

Welcome, Joe.
I am in Albuquerque, usually working LOL. I try to go out wheeling a couple times a month, usually on Sunday or Monday's.

Let me know when you are in the area, can hit the Puerco just about any weekend. Great family trip, my daughter goes out there with me often.

Welcome, Joe.
I am in Albuquerque, usually working LOL. I try to go out wheeling a couple times a month, usually on Sunday or Monday's.

Let me know when you are in the area, can hit the Puerco just about any weekend. Great family trip, my daughter goes out there with me often.

Thanks Glenn, I'm not to familiar with Puerco Where is that.

I'm in the same boat I work in law enforcement, and work 12 hour shifts but I get Sat Sun and Mon off every other weekend so we'll have to go check out the areas around Albuquerque and mabe get together.

I'm off this weekend but gonna do my cheromanche chop this weekend and the frame supports. I'm sure I won't get it all done but gonna at least try. I might go to U Pull and Pay Sunday if I do I will message you maybe we could meet up and compare XJ's.

The Puerco is just west of Rio Rancho. Has everything from sand to rocks.

Let me know if you come in to town. If you are ever here during the week and need car partd, shout. I am at the NAPA Main Store, downtown.

Thanks Glenn, I'm not to familiar with Puerco Where is that.

I'm in the same boat I work in law enforcement, and work 12 hour shifts but I get Sat Sun and Mon off every other weekend so we'll have to go check out the areas around Albuquerque and mabe get together.

I'm off this weekend but gonna do my cheromanche chop this weekend and the frame supports. I'm sure I won't get it all done but gonna at least try. I might go to U Pull and Pay Sunday if I do I will message you maybe we could meet up and compare XJ's.

Hi, names Ivan, and im located in the southwestern tip of NM. hell on earth, but we have some good rocks to play in!

Those hood vents are unique, are they house vents? I can't think of the word

He's got HVAC under the hood. That's what that cord is for that's sticking out of the cowl.

colorado chapter also claims us!

We might want to consider getting our own Chapter together, if we can get enough interest. There are a ton of us in the area, and we really do not fit with any of the above chapters.

The Puerco is just west of Rio Rancho. Has everything from sand to rocks.

Let me know if you come in to town. If you are ever here during the week and need car part, shout. I am at the NAPA Main Store, downtown.

that sounds like a Blast! I wasn't able to get down today but we should get a few of us together and do a day down at the Puerco!

We might want to consider getting our own Chapter together, if we can get enough interest. There are a ton of us in the area, and we really do not fit with any of the above chapters.

colorado chapter also claims us!

Yeah it almost seems like either them or AZ would be a better choice. that was the onlything holding me back from the membership fee. I looked at the list of meets and runs in the region and all of them were 15 hour + drives from me.

I would totally be in on our own chapter and I would help with any work that needs to be done.

He's got HVAC under the hood. That's what that cord is for that's sticking out of the cowl.

LOL those are attic vents. They were not installed in that pic but they are now and my under engine temps sure seem cooler. but thats just checking after a run by opening the hood and feeling around.

Steve, the guy that owns that site is a friend of mine. I participate in his forum quiet often.
That being said, we could do a lot with a local chapter, IE: land use, etc... The two sites need not be exclusive. There are some fun runs planned there, but would be nice to get the power of NAXJA with us in the New Mexico area.

Oh and in case any of you NM guys are interested there is a local offroad group starting up. The guys seem cool and there is trips almost every weekend! check it out http://www.nmoffroad.com/forumvb/trail-rides-trip-reports/

Thanks all play! I am already learning that one. My cheap build is turning out to be not so cheap lol. But its worth it! I think I was looking at some pica of you snow wheeling earlier last year where was that? Looked like Cuba area?

We go play in the snow quite often. It's about 15 minutes from Grants. I guess you could say, we play in our back yard. LOL

If your ever in the area hit me up.

I am also on the Alb. Site.

Back