• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member, Select-trac question

Tell me about it Rich... this morning my a$$ nearly froze on that leather! I'm going to get a set of sheapskins like I've got in my BMW and/or I'll attempt to fix the seat heaters with a wiring kit. Milwaukee summers aren't bad enough to worry about frying my a$$...

The 360 V8 isn't actually stuffed in there as bad as I feared - the AC compressor and alternator are front and center, plugs easy enough to get to, just some A/C lines running almost over the intake will make changing the plenum gasket next weekend kinda interesting.

called this place about 242, MUCH better price than drivetrain.com:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160186472366&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

they've got a bunch of them, I just have to crawl under the ZJ and get the tag number so they're 100% I'll get a 242 that'll go right in.

Thanks 99XJ - I haven't really got into the throttle too deep until a new intake gasket's in (which should also improve gas mileage, as I suspect the O2 sensors are seeing a lean condition, and dumping in tons of gas to compensate), but even at half throttle it's got buckets of torque and a freakin SWEET exhaust note :)

cheers
Kurt

Back