• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member intro

BlacknBlue_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

Just bought my third Jeep and signed up a couple weeks ago. Nice to see an organization that elects a board and collects dues for some pretty commendable causes. Wanted to introduce myself.

The Jeep I picked up is an '01 XJ with about 205k on the clock. The interior, aside form the typical crack in the side of the drivers seat and a missing ash tray, is immaculate. There is some body rust on the roof and doors, but the underside is amazingly clean for a car that spent its first couple years in Michigan. The valve cover gasket and oil filter adapter leaked, but I fixed those and I'm just down to a leaky rear main, that I plan to do when I replace the clackity-clacking cracked flexplate. Trans shifts smooth as it could. I did a coolant flush and it was pretty damn clean, and there's no coolant in the oil or vise versa so I think I'm good with the 0331 head. Has a bent rear axle, but I'm stuck between replacing a Dana 35 axle and doing a brake job on the drums, which I despise. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems other than tire wear so I will likely wait until I can find a 8.25 and put discs on it.

I had a Subaru leading up to this, and realized I didn't care for making a payment on a car I can't take anywhere I enjoy going (the mountains). Once I sell the Legacy I'm looking to get some OME suspension components under it and step up to 31's (already have 30's on it). Not trying to go crazy as I plan on driving this thing around to remote parts of the Amercan west and I'd like to preserve as much fuel efficiency as possible.

Anyway, from what I've read lurking around, this seems like a pretty good bunch of folks and I look forward to attending some events. :wave:

Welcome aboard. I know a guy that has a 8.25 with 3.55's and a rear disc conversion that he wants to sell. He posted on facebook.

I'll have a 3 inch combo lift, including upper and lower arms and a JKS cross member available in a month or two. Springs and crossmember are available now, I have to finish installing a long arm kit for the JKS adjustable upper and RE adjustable lower control arms.

Hey Fred, Not sure that message went through since we're not friends, and I can't post in the facebook group (I guess i need an invite?) Think you could post in there for me and let him know I'll take it?

Just request to join. I'll add you. I posted on the thread your interest, and to look on the NAXJA board. We'll get'er done.

Back