• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Member From Virginia

PhillyPhanInDC

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

Just picked up my new to me 2000 XJ on Saturday. This is my 3rd XJ, but first in a long time. It's replacing a 2dr JK and will see some immediate trail use (heading to Uwharrie for a shakedown run this upcoming weekend). I'm located in Fredericksburg, Va and am a member of the local club where I occasionally wheel with, and often pester, Nosigma. The XJ will primarily be used for rock crawling and camping with the kiddos. Happy to be on the forums and a member. Looking forward to meeting and wheeling with you all in the future!

23b9f3dbfbb9a48a8514b5b4ebb5a446.jpg

Old JK
80cf715917b53c052dfe1604f292194a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Welcome aboard! We have our main event coming up in July at Harlan, KY! Come out if you can make it work! It's always a great time!

Welcome. Love the Silverstone Metallic XJs. As Ghost mentioned, come see us in Harlan.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397

Also, thank you for purchasing a membership. That's how we are able to continue to support land use in the Southeast.

Last edited:
Hi from Spotsylvania! You're prolly not far from me.
I'm actually a member in the NAC since I relocated here from NJ, but I troll the SEC from time to time. I let my membership lapse what with moving and living my life. Good to see another XJer in these here parts. And that's a sweet XJ ... drooling here ...

Looks slick! I am in Va Beach.

Welcome from the mountains, Roanoke!

If you have never ran Potts Mountain, thats my home trail just 40min from my driveway. Let me know and we can run it!

Welcome from the mountains, Roanoke!

If you have never ran Potts Mountain, thats my home trail just 40min from my driveway. Let me know and we can run it!

I think I asked before but is this something I can run the trail jeep on? Is it a one way trail? I'd like to get up that way some day. I have heard about a new place I think it's called Bearwallow?

Welcome! I'm in Richmond, VA and I swear I saw someone on my FB feed post picture at Uwharrie with you in it.

Any of you guys come to URE give me a good heads up and I'll meet you there. It's 1:45 from my door. It's about the closest place for me to wheel which is why I go there so much.

Welcome! I'm in Richmond, VA and I swear I saw someone on my FB feed post picture at Uwharrie with you in it.

Probably. We were down there for the weekend, Jeep did great. We ran Daniel a few times and had no real issues other than some minor fender trimming during the day. As we were leaving, headed down Dickey Bell, I flopped the Jeep on its driver's side. Caused by me being a dummy. No one was hurt. The Jeep had some body damage to the fenders and doors. Doesn't appear to have anything structural, but a cage is on the short list. Rolled it onto the tires, started it up, and drove it the five hours home.

0c92207c1644eedf39978bec501b2f0f.jpg

I think I asked before but is this something I can run the trail jeep on? Is it a one way trail? I'd like to get up that way some day. I have heard about a new place I think it's called Bearwallow?

You could definitely run Potts depending on your rig. You can run it in either direction.

Glenn you absolutely can if you have a tag and insurance. There is LEO up there that deals with the punks but as long as it is tagged and insured you are good. Potts is actually a "road"

If you want to meet up there in the fall it is beautiful. Lots of good scenery for pictures and such :clap: Probably my most favorite places besides harlan.

Glenn you absolutely can if you have a tag and insurance. There is LEO up there that deals with the punks but as long as it is tagged and insured you are good. Potts is actually a "road"

If you want to meet up there in the fall it is beautiful. Lots of good scenery for pictures and such :clap: Probably my most favorite places besides harlan.

That is what I thought. I will tag it again but I have to get my son that is currently on my insurance working and paying his own..... He starts Tech in the fall I hope!

Lots of cool play areas along the trail now. And Glenn, I would love to see Ghost run the "ledge", I'm sure it would make that short steep climb look easy.

I spotted Hadfield over the ledge a few times and it was always an adventure.

I'm always up for a XJ get together for Potts, just let me know!

Lots of cool play areas along the trail now. And Glenn, I would love to see Ghost run the "ledge", I'm sure it would make that short steep climb look easy.

I spotted Hadfield over the ledge a few times and it was always an adventure.

I'm always up for a XJ get together for Potts, just let me know!

As per NAXJA fashion we totally hyjack a thread and derail it.... What town/hotel would be near by? Also are any of you familiar with Bearwallow, WV? I've seen some post on NC4x4 about it and it looks awesome.

As per NAXJA fashion we totally hyjack a thread and derail it.... What town/hotel would be near by? Also are any of you familiar with Bearwallow, WV? I've seen some post on NC4x4 about it and it looks awesome.

Salem VA is 35 miles from Potts Mountain Jeep trail, plenty of lodging there from hourly rates (lol!) to 3 star facilities. Roanoke has a 5 star hotel, The Hotel Roanoke. The Pines campground (primitive) is 5 min from the lower trail entrance. Food in the area is good, The Homeplace resturant is 25min from the trail but the parking lot is not "trailer friendly", hard to get in and out. The Swinging Bridge resturant is 15min from the trail. They have some creative lodging choices, Airstream trailers, cabooses, cabins etc. Just call Swinging Bridge Resturant and they can get you in touch with the lodging people.

Looks like Salem is 4.5 hours from me. My twins start college this fall maybe make a trip when the leaves are changing. I can dream....

Back