• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Jeep***trolling attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

NAXJA Forum User
So I got this pickup type Jeep from my uncle. I know it's a Jeep cause it says so on the tailgate. It think it's an 87 cause I found a sticker near the motor in the front. My neighbor says its a Comander or something. Does this mean it's a CJ? Cause all the parts I look up for CJ don't look like the Jeep I have. Maybe somebody just put that sticker on the back? Also it's a stick shift but there's another lever behind it, I thought it was another brake or something but when I pulled up on it the truck made some loud noises. Any info on this thing would help.

Re: New Jeep

take keys out of ignition stop think about it before you just start pulling on thing one might be a ejection seat LOL

if it is a jeep and is a pickup of the era it is a mj Comanche

does it look like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Comanche#MJ

Yeah it does look like that! Why wouldn't they call it a cj though? Would make more sense. I won't pull that lever anymore either, but what is it for?

I am looking at the lever, it says 4lo and 2hi. Is that for lights? Like lo and hi beams if you had some of those big lights on it. Well I don't have those so I'll just leave it alone for now

Wow guess I need to do some homework. This is kinda overwhelming. I have a Kia(awesome car) that has four wheel drive but I don't have to pull any levers or anything. Seems like a lot to do to drive it

I would recommend doing some research and catch up on some general knowledge on the vehicle. no sense in breaking things because you weren't aware of what was going on.

and I'm not aware of a kia with 4wd. altho I don't pay mind to them, but I'm willing to bet it's more of an All Wheel Drive much like Subaru where all the wheels are constantly being driven by the motor, where as 4 wheel drive has 2 wheels driven untill selected otherwise.

I smell a troll.. ...or at least i hope i do :wierd:

LOL, sounds like newbie initiation under way.

Cheebs, you have a some what rare MJ, it is an XJ truck. The CJ and YJ jeeps are completely different. Under the Hood, in the dash, and in the drive train, the MJ is just like the XJ.

The 87-90 engine controls are referred to as Renix. It is the first electronic computer controlled fuel injection jeeps.

You will need to determine which manual transmission you have, and what transfer case (4WD versus 2WD) it has. There is a right way, and a wrong way to engage and disengage the 4WD, so read up and ask questions on that before you mess with that lever again. Jeeps had 4WD/2WD long before anyone else had AWD.

And jeeps are notorious for injection seats that never work!!!:D LOL, Welcome to NAXJA!!!

For some strange reason, I have a feeling you have an MJ,...I could be wrong. Could you get a picture of the jeep and post it. That way, everyone here would be sure what you have and be able to provide you with a more tailored introduction to jeeps.

Thanks for the info. There's a Jeep dealership near my house I'm going to take it to to have them go over it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back