• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New in the Are (PQ)- Need auto shop ?

blackbox

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,

I am new in SD and my jeep would start... electrical issue. could you commend an auto shop in the area ? PQ-PW-Mira Mesa

The issue could be the neutral sensor - new battery, checked all fuse

thx,

-C

Since it has been a couple of days and you are overwhelmed with responses...

Not quite as close as you would like, but my recommendations would be either Pacific Automotive (5181 Santa Fe) or Muranyi Automotive (3475 Channel Way). Either one should take care of you honestly.

I was waiting for someone closer to him to offer to help him fix it himself. If you can get it up to Yorba Linda (North Orange County) I can remove, clean, lube, reinstall a NSS, or more likely, help you do it so you can pass along the knowledge. Easy way to tell if it is the NSS is to try to start in Park and/or Neutral while wiggling the shifter.

I just had a similar issue in the middle of Dumont Dunes on St pattys day. I got lucky and it was the ignition plug just under the key on the steering column. It was really loose and had a ton of play.

On top of what peterjford recommended for checking the NSS, sometimes you wont have reverse lights when it's bad as well.

...sometimes you wont have reverse lights when it's bad as well.

It's not to bad once you get good at backing up going forward.

You don't get off that easy, what was the problem, was it the NSS?

Yeah I would like to know too. I'm having issues as well.

I went to start it yesterday and nothing. The below is whats going on.

- Happened a month ago and was the ignition switch plug which had a lot of play. Made a little wedge to tighten up the connection and worked fine.

-Also replaced the starter 2 weeks ago and once in a while it would spin but not engage. This is a re-manufactured one so could be a separate issue. (Also replace battery at this time)

-Checked the ignition relay by putting another in and still nothing.

-It WILL start with the key on and screwdriver jumping it at the starter.

I'm going to clean the NSS tonight. My question is if the ignition switch was bad would I still be able to screwdriver jump it like I did above?

I got NSS issues before and they were gone after I clean the sensor. This time the jeep behaved like one of those bad days and though it could be a dead sensor.

Back