• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New here at NAXJA

Jaywas

NAXJA Forum User
How's it goin fellas? I'm jason. I'm new to the xj world but not to jeeps or offroading. Little back story. I had an 09 rubicon unlimited on 35s and the standard workup of jk parts... Great jeep and took me all over. I found out I was deploying and down sized. Picked up an f150 and paid it off with the equity when I sold the Rubi. While I was deployed I searched craigslist for a decent xj. I had always wanted one. Found one that fit what I wanted and had the wife, a buddy, and a shop manager I trust give it a comb through. Got a good bill of health so I had the wife pay the man. I wanted to wheel as soon as I got home so I had it dropped off at a shop here in town to have some stuff done. I normally do all my own wrenching but I just wanted to play and the money was good over there. Needless to say..... I love the xj. Every bit as capable as my Rubi but it's not a 30k vehicle. It may even be more capable.

I only have a few folks here I wheel with but would love to meet more.

Well everyone loves pics so here is my toy.

99, 35s, RE long arm, 4.56s, 4:1 tcase, sleeved and gusseted d30, 8.25, lockers front and rear, Hi steer, Rhino lined interior, durango steering, uni body braced front to back, the list goes on...

Last edited:
Very sweet looking rig! I am jealous of those quarter panels.

Welcome! Thanks for your service!

Welome! Army, Navy, Airforce or Marine? Nice rig, I would love to see the full list of mods you have! :patriot:

Needless to say..... I love the xj. Every bit as capable as my Rubi but it's not a 30k vehicle. It may even be more capable.

Love to hear that. I always make fun of my friends in their Rubi's cause we wheel together and I follow them. Sure, at times it might take me a little longer or a couple times to get over something, but at the end of the day, I'm on the same camp site. :smoker:

Love to hear that. I always make fun of my friends in their Rubi's cause we wheel together and I follow them. Sure, at times it might take me a little longer or a couple times to get over something, but at the end of the day, I'm on the same camp site. :smoker:

Yes, but Rubi's look good while doing it...;)

OP: Thanks for your service and welcome to NAXJA!

Btw, my son is in week 4 of bmt down at Lackland AFB.

Filed under "You're never too old to learn something new"..........

I've been chasing a metallic bearing noise at the front of my Eliminator's engine for months..... swapped out the alternator, idler pulley, fan bearing in the bracket, water pump...... noise persisted.

Today, I sprayed brake clean on the belt surfaces while it was running. Silence until it evaporated and then louder than ever.

Replaced the almost new belt with a good but more used one. Noise gone.

Never would have guessed a belt could sound like a bad bearing.

:dunno:

I'll have to try that. The 97 makes some ungodly noise when the AC is turned on.

Filed under "You're never too old to learn something new"..........

I've been chasing a metallic bearing noise at the front of my Eliminator's engine for months..... swapped out the alternator, idler pulley, fan bearing in the bracket, water pump...... noise persisted.

Today, I sprayed brake clean on the belt surfaces while it was running. Silence until it evaporated and then louder than ever.

Replaced the almost new belt with a good but more used one. Noise gone.

Never would have guessed a belt could sound like a bad bearing.

:dunno:

I had a terrible squeak that even I could hear with my crappy hearing. It sounded for the world like a belt, but I replaced that. It turned out to be the idler pulley bearing.

Back