• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy and project pics

thats a really cool swap, i used to have an '86 with a blown 2.8, i started to swap in a 3.4 but found a great deal on a running xj with a 4.0 so i sold the 86! its nice to see someone who is following threw with a swap!

Finished screwing the headers on and re-ran the plug wires. I'm not real happy with those now, but they'll do for now.

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

Like my shafts?

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

Got a trans temp gauge in too. No, it's not a knee knocker. Plenty of room.

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

I gotta put rear brakes in it cuz the current ones are junk. I'm going to replace the hard line front to rear and the lines on the diff, rusted thru and put a YJ rear hose on it, it's longer than XJ. That is next. Then I think I can tackle the exhaust.

Oh joy.........

My new JK shocks.
DSC01105.jpg

Took a few of these to widen them for the front shocks.
DSC01108.jpg

Ans finished. They are slotted so it fits the stock T-bar bolt holes in front and makes the shock a bolt on.
DSC01107.jpg

The first shot, stock shocks with the T-bars removed then sleeved.
DSC01109.jpg

BLING!!
DSC01110.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

Here are a few pics of my plunder as of late.

Front hitch.
DSC01112.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

Exhaust parts.
DSC01115.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

T-case drop.
DSC01120.jpg

I actually put the drop in today. Yay for me. I hate creepers and working on my back. I want a hoist...........

I am considering the same intake for my 360 in my wagoneer. Is that the Holley one? Pretty pricey!

Edelbrock. They're usually mid $100 new. I paid $40 at a swap meet. It's for the TBI heads which are drilled a fuzz different from normal.

I just buzzed thru the thread. Didn't read it all. Did you mention changing out the interior? That red crap would make me sick everytime I got in it. The engine and exterior look great!

Whats your plan for a snorkel setup, if any? I like the dual intake on there now but I wonder how to make it work with any deep water intake.

For the time being, it will be how you see it. It'll be a driver once done and when I feel it's ready for more after working any bugs out of it, it will most likely get better diffs and suspension.

Time will tell. It's been in a holding pattern for quite a while because the ambition wasn't there and I do this stuff for a living. Once the exhaust is done, it should be driving, I hope.......

It now runs and drives, around the parking lot at my shop anyway. I still need to build the exhaust. Work has been busy so it makes getting it on the hoist difficult. Runs very nice and goes good. Didn't drive it enough to see if the trans has all the gears but that will come.

As you can tell, I'm in no hurry.

Finally got the exhaust done. I did it from the tailpipe forward to get everything positioned for the front, that was a huge PITA.

Here are pics.

Tail
DSC01139.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

Front Y-pipe
DSC01131.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

Got the spare set, found a matching wheel and by a stroke of luck a new tire that matches the ones on it already.
DSC01138.jpg

I wasn't planning on this taking all day, but it's done. Now tomorrow I can service the trans and put the front receiver on and whatever I have time to tinker with.

Did more today. :woot:

Here's today's carnage.

Front receiver.
DSC01150.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

A little idea I picked up eons ago for the 700r4. Take the electrical plug for a 400 trans (Electric kickdown) and put it in place of the 4 wire plug on the 700. Makes wiring the lockup solenoid easy, 1 spade for both sides.
400 left, 700 right. This is the connector that passes thru the case.
DSC01161.jpg

I need a lift. Gonna have to order it soon. I'll have coil spacers, shackles and new JK shocks for sale once I get them off. I'll see if I can rework the pipe first.
DSC01156.jpg

If it isn't 1 thing, it's 13 others.

I should've gotten into something brainless and don't cost a fortune........ :(

Reworked drivers downpipe, much better but I'll still need a lift and adjust bumpstops.
Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Fixed trans leak.
New acc pump on carb, old gasket was leaking.
Moved the fork on the disco, now the axle is always connected.
Checked/filled fluids on everything down under.

The bad:
Took it for a ride and the trans slips like a mother. My fault for using a used trans as is. :(

So, I need to find money for the lift and to get the trans reworked. This pile will never see the road.............. :(:(:(

LOL I feel your pain. My CJ5 is the same way.. too much wrenching and no wheeling. remember.. its a J.E.E.P(Just empty every pocket).

Back