• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Bumper Design?

Thanks guys for your replies. I like the TnT bumpers and the Four Real Steel esp. How about some custom bumpers from guys with exo cages that could be made as just a bumper. To clarify, what about a bumper from a guy that has an exo cage, that could be made without the bars that connect it to the cage. Any ideas on some of these, the more unique the better.

i hadn't been back to detour's site lately, so i hadn't seen that "backbone" setup yet. that is a great development; functional, but minimal. good job!

i am set as far as front bumper goes, i have a rigid and like it a lot. i opted for a reciever bumper for a multimount, but detour's i like because it is probably the cheapest and lightest way to mount a winch besides maybe a front reciever, and i don't even know if those are strong enough for that application. PLUS you get towpoints and steeing box mount relocation.

maybe next you could do a through the bumper reciever backbone with towpoints. the slim-line is sweet and competitively priced, but i am thinkin' budget. same idea, keep the stocker but add fuctionality to the jeep.

FIREBLADE said:
Thanks guys for your replies. I like the TnT bumpers and the Four Real Steel esp. How about some custom bumpers from guys with exo cages that could be made as just a bumper. To clarify, what about a bumper from a guy that has an exo cage, that could be made without the bars that connect it to the cage. Any ideas on some of these, the more unique the better.

I do not see how the requirements change from a jeep with or without a exo cage and with a front bumper.
The list I put in my first post provides a very good start for building a bumper. If you can incorporate all of those things in a bumper than I think you have it.

There are lots of aftermarket bumpers on the market aready. And there are lots of styles (just with the responses you and others have made it is oviouse that you all want something different).

There is only 1 thing in my mind that is not offered in any after market bumper that I know of (maybe there is a reason, maybe not). An incorporated air tank!!

Michael

I appreciate your requirements but what I'm asking is for styles now. Just because you can list something that you want in a product doesn't mean it can't have various different looks. What I'm asking is for creativity. For example a bunch of cars can have four wheels, a windshield, seats, metal body, brakes, trunk, etc, but they can all look drastically different. I have seen some bumpers made by people for their own rigs that I would like to see, not just more manufacturers. I thought Ashman's bumper was interesting and so I'm asking what other CUSTOM bumpers have people seen that could be possibly made in production.

Back