• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Input on Three Tyres

surf2snow

NAXJA Forum User
I’m looking to get new 35” tires soon and I narrowed it down to 3.
1. Maxxis Buckshot Radial Mudder
2. Dick Cepek Mud Country
3. Interco TrXus Mud Terrain
And it’s my DD and all 3 seem to have good reviews, so if you have any of the 3 tires listed your input would be great.

Kevin

Re: Need input on 3 tires

Not on your list but, I highly recommend Maxxis Bighorns. I've been very pleased with mine and I do DD my XJ. I'm getting good mileage out of them as well.

I've seen the TrXus preform and they do well. If I had to pick one on your list, it'd be TrXus.

I do like Bighorns but there are not that many reviews on them, I do like the price and will keep them in mind.

Not many reviews on Bighorns??? Search on this site. Everyone loves them! I don't think I've ever read one bad thing about them.

The buckshots are alright but they wear really fast for a regular MT. No experience with the Dick Cepeks, and everyone I know that runs the TrXus loves them.

Out of the three, go with TrXus.

the trxus is a awsome tire no dought but i have heard that they also wear quickly too. definitly qheck out the bighorns every review i have read was a good one

I had the truxus in the 31" flavor and I really liked how they performed.

I used them for mud/sand, no rocks in florida, and the highway.

They had great siping and performed well in the wet.

I used them until the local police gave a ticket for bald tires(still had side tread good enough for offroading)

Not sure how many miles but I had them for about 3 years.

I'm not a fan of the Truxus MT on wet road, or how it wears (quickly).

I'm another vote for Maxxis Bighorn, or the new Kevlar MT/R.

I vote Bighorns even though its not on the list. I would have got them but I am die hard TSL....well, i'm going to be running LTB's but same difference.

"I would say option D not on the list, but I only run option E, except that I didnt get that either, I'm going to get option F.."

... what? ;)

Back