• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Emergency Help

SC Rednek

NAXJA Forum User
First time in the 11 yrs I've owned my jeep, had to leave it on the trail. It's on Iron Gap near the Alabama line. My friend was driving and said "uh, I have no brakes". The bearings blew out, took the hub, the housing, spindle, and stripped out the axle shaft. I tried to limp it back using just the brake caliper to hold it on, until it ripped that off in the middle of the river and the tire came off (had to go chase it down as the current floated it away). Just a whole day of everything going wrong, followed by 4 hrs of hiking out.

In the morning, I'm going to pick up the few parts I need that I don't have in the garage. What I need is a ride down there from Winchester TN, the river is quite high and everything is slick from the rain, needs to be a good size jeep. If anyone can help me out, that'd be amazing, I'll buy beer and pizza and whatever else you want (within reason) when I get it back to Winchester.

Please help!

P1070796.jpg

17091258_10209112123506208_1707146895_o.jpg

P1070805.jpg

P1070807.jpg

I'd come help if I wasn't 8 hours away! GL my friend I put it on Facebook and tagged David Hall in it.

Matt, earliest I could do ANYTHING would be Saturday. Not sure even what my day looks like on that either. Keep us posted.

I texted him last night and he said he had a ride out at 3 today. Hope he gets it out.

Got it home. And thankfully nothing was stolen off of it! Actually nobody else had been down the trail in the last few days. But it's in rough shape after 48 hrs in the water, gonna be a done of work to get it fixed back up

That is one way to get it out.... Glad you were able to retrieve it.

Any update on the status of the repairs?

Back