• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need coil measurments please!!

Means its said to lift a Jeep 5.5in from stock location... DOES NOT mean the coil is 5.5in longer then the stock ones lol...

It means it's going to be 5.5" longer than a stock coil with the weight of a STOCK vehicle on it, or whatever weight vehicle they designed it for.

Skyjackers are usually stiffer than say RE.

No one has compiled a list that you require and no one is going to want to go through that effort.

Figure it out based on spring rate.

When the factory radius arms are as long as xj long arms... and the same width as the uniframe rails... they will mount under the uniframe... limiting my up travel... which I'm planning for anyway due to the over sized tires for lift... but need to see what's the smallest spring I can run before the radius arms hit the frame near where the old lower mounts were... for normal riding... and to stuff at least a little bit... kind of a weird different situation...

bumpstop dood, i got arms mounted the same many others have to what size tires you planning on running

So you're asking for how long a coil is at ride height? :rolleyes:

Take your stock coils, add whatever lift you want and that's your new ride height.
Boy, that was difficult.

If you're trying to figure out spring rate you need the uncompressed length of the coil.

By the way, how has an axle ever determined how much lift you need? I'd like it if you could please explain that. Also, just out of curiousity, what axle is it?

You guys are dicking this thread all up. Instead of trying to figure out what he's doing why don't you just help the guy out and answer his original question.

I have 4.5" long arm lift from RC on my XJ. I also have a 3/16 thick steel winch bumper with winch installed. My spring measures 17" at normal ride height with weight on wheels.

I'm not trying to be a dick to him, but if he went and measured his stock coils he could figure out all the info he needs with a bit of math and a couple straight edges. Sure, some of them don't give quite the lift they advertise, but it's all within reason.

Last edited:
bumpstop dood, i got arms mounted the same many others have to what size tires you planning on running

I know many others do... but I have to know what size spring I need to keep my arms away from the frame... bumpstops help once I get past that point... but I don't want to ride down the road sitting on bumpstops? I don't want bumpstops keeping me from my arms hitting the frame just riding down the road... only when its stuffed somewhat... I can't really think of any other way to explain that... lift size is what's going to push away my axle and arms and then ill bumpstop back...

So you're asking for how long a coil is at ride height? :rolleyes:

Take your stock coils, add whatever lift you want and that's your new ride height.
Boy, that was difficult.

If you're trying to figure out spring rate you need the uncompressed length of the coil.

By the way, how has an axle ever determined how much lift you need? I'd like it if you could please explain that. Also, just out of curiousity, what axle is it?

Already explained how... but I think I edited it into something else... someone quoted it first though so its here... 05 f250 Dana60

You guys are dicking this thread all up. Instead of trying to figure out what he's doing why don't you just help the guy out and answer his original question.

I have 4.5" long arm lift from RC on my XJ. I also have a 3/16 thick steel winch bumper with winch installed. My spring measures 17" at normal ride height with weight on wheels.

Thanks boss... didn't think it was this difficult to ask... hit the nail on the head... thanks!

I think you're forgetting that the coil bucket doesn't need to be directly on top of the axle tube. You can get away with putting it an inch or two above the tube for some extra cheater lift. I say find the spring that has the rate you want and make sure it's tall enough so that you can make it work. Just put the coil bucket wherever it needs to be to get you to the desired ride height.

I'm not trying to be a dick to him, but if he went and measured his stock coils he could figure out all the info he needs with a bit of math and a couple straight edges. Sure, some of them don't give quite the lift they advertise, but it's all within reason.

all my stock stuff is long gone...

I think you're forgetting that the coil bucket doesn't need to be directly on top of the axle tube. You can get away with putting it an inch or two above the tube for some extra cheater lift. I say find the spring that has the rate you want and make sure it's tall enough so that you can make it work. Just put the coil bucket wherever it needs to be to get you to the desired ride height.

The 05 Dana 60's have two flat spots already almost the same width as the xj locations... and there about 2in higher off the tube then the Dana 30's... I plan to just make that flat spot a bid wider with a flat plate welded on top of the other flat spots... its all pretty easy really... if I could post pics here I would... trying to find what spring is tall enough is all I'm trying to do right now...

host them on photobucket then use the one between the hyperlink and quote tool

host them on photobucket then use the one between the hyperlink and quote tool

i would use photobucket if when you deleted the pics off the site it didnt delete them from the forums as well... i hate going into a thread based on pics of exactly what i need and all the pics be gone because of photobucket... but i can do it this way... and no i dont plan to use the same giant radius arms unless i can slim them down lol... probly build my own or buying some for the F250... but im keeping the same measurements for this reason incase...

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f23/test-pics-75240/#post838794

i would use photobucket if when you deleted the pics off the site it didnt delete them from the forums as well... i hate going into a thread based on pics of exactly what i need and all the pics be gone because of photobucket... but i can do it this way... and no i dont plan to use the same giant radius arms unless i can slim them down lol... probly build my own or buying some for the F250... but im keeping the same measurements for this reason incase...

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f23/test-pics-75240/#post838794
make your own arms that sit lower and it will fix yo issue

make your own arms that sit lower and it will fix yo issue
kind of hard... cant bend so would have to be all straight and thats near impossible with this design... maybe some kind of Y shape... if it would be strong enough turning into a single DOM tube before even half way back... i was thinkin of making arms like the ones in the ebay lift below... because its adjustable and takes no bending... but the line from the top bolt to the body mount bolt would be basically the same as the stock ones... so same issue... have to get it to turn down and under the like frames designed... or some crap... i guess a normal 3 link style setup would work... just would use beefier DOM...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6291d7e1

just do a simple setul like claytons you dont need a big beam like that one, the axle aint under a f350 anymore

Back