• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need cherokee carseat help

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So we have twin girls coming and I still havent found my 7 seater suv. And im going into panic mode. A mint 98 xj has come up for an unreal price. Question is : will two infant seats and a booster all fit back there and buckle in? Thanks in advance

Depends on the car seats.. I made it work, but one of my boosters was too big

Its gonna be very tight. With the drivers seat most of the way back there is very little room for a full car seat (much less with 2) in the rear especially if the kid is big enough to have its legs outside the confines of the seat. It is barely doable with 3 boosters, and boosters are way smaller than carseats.

I'm three wide in the back. Two boosters and one car transition car seat. It will work. I used to use a carrier without the base behind the driver seat. Might not be your favorite driving position but it worked for me and I'm 6'2"

One thing to consider....try to find an XJ that had the mounting hook latch system in the ceiling next to the hatch.

Reason is that the seatbelt clips for the XJ that come out of the seat in the late models are kind of long and "flappy" and they don't hold car seats really stable on their own, especially, I have found, on the passenger side. The hooks on the ceiling go a long way to stabilizing the car seat.

Too tight :-( . It would have been the mrs dd . But I cant stick her with fighting with the carseats with no bases. In a pinch they will fit in mine at least to get out. Looking at a rendevue with awd for our snotty winters. Lots of room for babystuff, stroller and our 125 lb mutt. Bummed

I'm not surprised. There isn't much room between our two carseats.

I've ruled out having any more children due to not wanting to get a different vehicle platform.
Haha no kidding eh! We have a malibu and a subaru for dailydrivers and the xj for weekend fun , which would have been fine with one baby on the way but twins on top of a 6 yr old makes them all impractical for daily use. The fwd is on the chopping block. Boy was I mad when I found out 2 seats and a booster fit in my old legacy fine but not a jeep

Never had a pumpkin seat in the xj, but two carseats makes for little legroom for the 19 month old and 3 1/2 year old...can't wait to move one to a booster seat.

well we ended up with an expedition just to update, picked it up yesterday, in no way is it a replacement of my xj, lol never

Back