• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Tech Days

So...I'm not terribly handy with tools and I'd like to get some things done, but more importantly I'd kind of just like to have the Jeep gone over for safety / reliability items for wheeling with the family - would this event get that done?

Some things I'd like to get done :

1) Install new headlight wiring harness / lights (have all parts in hand)

2) Install CB (have all parts in hand; need tune also)

3) Re center front axle and proper alignment (looking for stock LCA's with good rubber for a '99 for this or fixed aftermarket LCAs 16" - 16 1/8" eye to eye)

4) Figure out why trans temp increases so much under uphill / 4x4 loads?

5) Basic reliability / safety check - verify everything's in good working order

Re: Re: NAXJA Tech Days

So...I'm not terribly handy with tools and I'd like to get some things done, but more importantly I'd kind of just like to have the Jeep gone over for safety / reliability items for wheeling with the family - would this event get that done?

Some things I'd like to get done :

1) Install new headlight wiring harness / lights (have all parts in hand)

2) Install CB (have all parts in hand; need tune also)

3) Re center front axle and proper alignment (looking for stock LCA's with good rubber for a '99 for this or fixed aftermarket LCAs 16" - 16 1/8" eye to eye)

4) Figure out why trans temp increases so much under uphill / 4x4 loads?

5) Basic reliability / safety check - verify everything's in good working order

1. That's fairly simple to do.
2. Same as 1 as far as simplicity depending on how exactly done
3. If I can get some adjustable LCA's or mid/long arms by then. Then you can have mine for a low price. They are approx 16 eye to with with a bend for extra droop clearance

(looking for stock LCA's with good rubber for a '99 for this or fixed aftermarket LCAs 16" - 16 1/8" eye to eye)

I have some stock LCA's that you can have if you want 'em, off of a '99. I can't vouch for the rubber though, and I they are not somewhere where I can easily look and report further. Still, I'll grab 'em and bring them along. If you can't use 'em, I'll toss 'em in the back of a passing metal collector's pickup truck. Or something.

I would like to come but the jeep is sitting on jack stands right now. But would like to help out wrenching and just meet everyone. Is that cool?

There's always room for "supervisors".

Mako. You seen those magnetic beer koozies?

I am coming... been too long since I have seen some of you NAXJA people.
I may even bring the Jeep if I can get it registered by then.

......and bartenders

Wasnt going to go there. But funny
Beer wenches are my first choice. But anyone nice enough to bring me a beer while I'm working, or in general works too

Hey everyone. New member here. I think I'll make this my first event. Don't really have anything to do to my xj but I'd be more than happy to lend a hand to anyone that needs it. I've turned a few wrenches in my time.

Hey everyone. New member here. I think I'll make this my first event. Don't really have anything to do to my xj but I'd be more than happy to lend a hand to anyone that needs it. I've turned a few wrenches in my time.

Welcome! I, for one, can use all the help I can get! See you there.

Back