• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA contingency for Jeepspeed.

Seriously, the $3000 doesn't have to equal members.....if we get more traffic on here from go fast guys, that means more potential advertisers and so on. The money all ends up at the same cause but getting your name out isn't free and there is a JS section for a reason. Please keep your comments constructive and keep the negative stuff to yourself. Thanks

Please keep your comments constructive and keep the negative stuff to yourself. Thanks

I'd like to ask all registered guests from ever asking anything like that of a paying forum member. I'm entitled to my opinion and to express it, that is the whole Idea of a forum.

WaXJ_Skier: I don't mind hearing your opinion. The BOD made a decision, you don't think it's a good one. I can see your point of view: Why blow 3K on what amounts to advertising when you have no real way to measure response? Another downside is it's highly regional. No desert racing where there are no deserts. I doubt anyone east of Kansas has ever been to a Jeepspeed race. Easy enough to understand.
On the flip side, that 3K WILL put club advertising on the sides of a lot of race cars. ('Don't know how big the field is this year, but at one point it was over 90.) It will draw membership and manufacturer sponsors: how much i don't know. I think its a good idea. I'll admit my bias: I like desert racing, and I race part time. I'm just trying not to be mad because I won't qualify for the contingency(wrong class)

I'd like to ask all registered guests from ever asking anything like that of a paying forum member. I'm entitled to my opinion and to express it, that is the whole Idea of a forum.

I WAS a "paying member" but your stupid ass comments remind me why I am no longer.:yelclap:

Silverslk beat me to my comment. You should realize he was a previously paying member by his avatar. :rolleyes:

How about this: take your complaining to the members forum where it belongs and stop pissing and whining in the public section about member business. I realize you like to complain and think you can run the place better than the BOD, but you should know better than to post your comment in this thread. There, is that better? It should hold more weight for you since I pay my dues. Your comment was uncalled for.

I don't see that as an issue I agree it's a great idea. but how does handing out cash prizes to existing members play into that?

The whole program is designed to get more members. There aren't that many Jeepspeed people that are members, so most will have to join to be able o participate. Also, like has been said, there are a ton of built XJ's at desert races even beyond the Jeepspeed class, cars chasing or spectating from other classes. It is an important market that NAXJA needs, so this is purely a marketing decision. We've been working on ideas for the best way, best bang for the buck, to market to the desert community, and this is what we came up with. It's trial and error at best, but this could be a good program. It's a one time deal, for two races, then we'll see.

Personally, and I already suggested this, I think the program can be self funded in the future, with Jeepspeed specific fundraisers. I think we can pull off a once a year NAXJA Jeepspeed BBQ, and I think we can sell NAXJA Jeepspeed t-shirts, and some stickers. Worth a shot.

Oh, and I think you are free to express your opinion, and ask questions. But there is a members forum to conduct club business.

Last edited:
I WAS a "paying member" but your stupid ass comments remind me why I am no longer.:yelclap:

Sorry, but I really don't like this type of comment. Belong or don't belong, it's your choice, and the forum is free for anyone to use, but don't blame your decision on anyone else. Using the forum regularly, and giving excuses that you don't pay up because of what other people do is.........

Money that could be used for land uses causes or even advertisement (which sounds like the idea here) is just going into members pockets. 3 events = $3000 to make that back 3000/35 =~86 members need to joint is that going to happen in 3 days of racing? i doubt it.

Well it is 2 events. Would you prefer we give the money away to anyone in the race, or to just teams who support NAXJA? The projected involvement is around 30 teams. The hope is that not only the teams will join, but the support crews and spectators as well, this is where the big upside comes in. $35 for 3 chances to win your share of $1000 with approx odds of 1 in 10 to win something? Think about how many people buy lottery tickets with far worse odds of winning?

I think the program has a big upside, you just need to adjust your attitude slightly and you just might see this as well.

It should be noted that NAXJA's primary function is maintaining this site, second is land access (and we will always maintain that order.)
But we are looking to branch out and see what avenues we have to market and grow this organization.
Jeepspeed is the largest competitive organization based on the XJ platform, making it our logical choice for testing the waters for outside advertising for our site.
I'm not too concerned that the program needs to support itself right now.
Lets see what we get from this before we jump to any conclusions.
WaXJ dude has every right to question what the BOD does. Every member has that right.
I fully believe this is an opportunity that has we have let go for too long.
Its time to see what is to be seen.

It can be very hard for most people to wrap their mind around marketing. Some will get it and most will not.
Short term marketing wont be nearly as effective as a long/longer term comitment to the program.

I think the BOD get's it...

Advertisers pay for traffic. The more people that can be "delivered" to them, the more they pay to advertise and sponsor us. The more they pay to advertise here and sponsor us, the more we can do for land-use issues, and the better our raffles will be. I'm willing to see how this works out, and would love to see more Jeepspeed oriented members here. Their builds bring some great new ideas to XJ building. For example, our ROTM for August, Loose-Nuts, has exactly the idea I thought of but much better executed for a rear tire carrier, not on a bumper and retaining the hatch.

I disagree, most the jpspeed rigs I have seen at various off road shows keep their stickers and draw a crowd. I have also found the jeep speed guys to be the friendliest and most talkative of all the racers at the expos.

I think it's a great way to get more traffic.

They are friendly, but do people really look at JeepSpeed vehicles????? Really

They are friendly, but do people really look at JeepSpeed vehicles????? Really

of course. Jeep speed is one of the cheapest and easiest ways to step into off road racing. Average guys look at the class one trucks and say "wow, wouldn't it be cool if I could afford that? I need to hit the lottery". The same guy notices the jeep speed and says "well damn, I CAN do that! let me get a closer look at that thing."

Thanks for stepping up NAXJA!

RDM Offroad is also a contingency sponsor for the Jeepspeed series. For those of you that are questioning the retun on investment for putting up prize money for racers that run your stickers, let me put your mind at ease.

We have been involved with Jeepspeed since our company was founded. Without the support of Jeepspeed, the race teams, and the huge following of wheelers that follow the series, we would not be where we are now.

Sure, it was questionable when we started the contingency program but you need to give in order to receive.

NAXJA is a natural fit for the Jeepspeed series. You won't be dissappointed.

See you guys at the race!

James

:laugh: Rich, you're just a hater.

I knew that I should have kept my mouth shut, dam, I am glad I did not say what a waste of money it was (LOL).
Come on Jimbo, you know I like Jeepspeed, in fact, if my kidneys were made of titanium, and I could stand to be in one for a day in a half to finish 400 miles.....:laugh3: Just kidding, there is nothing better than the spec classes for real racing.

I knew that I should have kept my mouth shut, dam, I am glad I did not say what a waste of money it was (LOL).
Come on Jimbo, you know I like Jeepspeed, in fact, if my kidneys were made of titanium, and I could stand to be in one for a day in a half to finish 400 miles.....:laugh3: Just kidding, there is nothing better than the spec classes for real racing.

The real Rich comes out!! Ha ha ha.

Hahahaha, likewise, if I had the money to be in a lazyboy pro truck I would be :D

Back