• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Natural Bridge info

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
Who's been there?
Where is it?
What's it like, etc?

1-I have (if anyone else is going let me know)
2-Slade KY (Red River Gorge)
3-It's a pretty fun place to ride got some dificult stuff (but most of the hard stuff has by passes.

Considering it for a naxja run.
Looking for a little more info.
Size, accomodations, etc.
Would you say it can hold people's interest for a few days?

BTW, looking for opinions from anyone that's been there.
Particularly regulars.

Oh, and where is Slade? Not listed in Atlas.

Last edited:
Fun place to ride, plenty for everyone for several days. Plenty of accomodations. Locals are typically pretty cool. It's good if you can contact Charles Booth, he has a lot of land that has some fun trails on it. I don't know how to contact him yet. I ride with several of the locals down there that have permission to go on his land.

been there a few times. Ran into onetonxj last time there. There are some great trails but you have to know where they are at. We usually meet up with a couple of guys that live there and know all the trails. They know charles booth and are allowed on his land. There are plenty of campgrounds there with any kind of hookup needed. I would say there is enough there for about 1.5-2 days.

You can mapquest Stanton also, that's where I always get off. We use a spot called Boyd Hollow that we camp at. It's primitive and you have to drive back into Stanton if you need supplies. It's only appx. 15 mins back though. We usually bring extra fuel cans and enough ice and what not so we don't have to go out unless we need parts. Parts runs usually make you go all the way back to Winchester (Intersection of I64 & Mountain Parkway). It's probably 45 mins or so back to there from where we camp. The pay camping is on the Slade side. It's state run which means no alcohol and quiet hours :mad: Oh yeah, that county is dry, but we know which trail to take to get the beer if we've run out :laugh3:

I was there for the first time last weekend, I'll be going back.
You'll need trail leaders familiar with the area, they aren't marked at all. Rigs will need to be streetable because you're on the road between trailheads. Potential body damage on all the trails that I saw, there may others for stockish type rigs, I dunno.
Don't forget the Caves, my wife and daughter got as big a kick out of them as the trailriding.
Slade is on most Atlas maps, just not listed in the index, to small. It's right by Natural Bridge State Park, in the Red River Gorge area.
One more note; it was a perfect Fall day when we were there, if it rains I imagine most of the trails would get pretty nasty real quick. TC

Back