• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naches area Noobfest Aug 15 or so

Oh trust me, I'm not a total NOOB, just semi-NOOB to this area's wheeling, BUT, I do think I put together a capable "Little" rig for the trails.

3" lift, front Aussie, "Unlimited Slip" rear diff, 31" BFG AT's... and I did fine. I did need a tug here or there (Like in the 5' snow drift) and, we had guys that were open/open and they did just fine as well... it's all in the driver.

Heck, day 2 we had a stock / street tire XJ with us! He didn't need much help either, just in the snow from what I recall.

I think as long as you have front and rear recovery points, you'll have fun. There are really tons of trails in the area from smooth dirt roads to the crazy 4x4 stuff, and everything in between.

Highly Considering this.. Me and the wife are talking about staying at Whistlin' Jacks...

Oh trust me, I'm not a total NOOB, just semi-NOOB to this area's wheeling, BUT, I do think I put together a capable "Little" rig for the trails.

3" lift, front Aussie, "Unlimited Slip" rear diff, 31" BFG AT's... and I did fine. I did need a tug here or there (Like in the 5' snow drift) and, we had guys that were open/open and they did just fine as well... it's all in the driver.

Heck, day 2 we had a stock / street tire XJ with us! He didn't need much help either, just in the snow from what I recall.

I think as long as you have front and rear recovery points, you'll have fun. There are really tons of trails in the area from smooth dirt roads to the crazy 4x4 stuff, and everything in between.

Dude, you handled your rig great!

I could be up for this, maybe with a couple TJ's along for the drive.

Dude, you handled your rig great!

I could be up for this, maybe with a couple TJ's along for the drive.

Why thank-you GnT! I had a blast out there with y'all.

I've visited the area a few times in the past and, trust me, there is something for everyone... even totally stock XJ's will have fun here, especially in August as the snow *should* be gone by then. :roflmao: Stoopid Snow! My other visits were on the 31" AT's with open/open - didn't have a problem.

Now, where is that link to the trail maps / GPS tracks and reviews??? I'll find it...

My junk is still broken at the moment, but parts are on order and the womans Yota will be ready soon, so I think we are in.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk

Who all is in? Adam, your camp Mike Urich idea sounds good. How's this for a tentative plan:

Friday 8/12; meet at Manasstash Camp (47.033894, -120.946727) when ever you can get there. I won't be there until 9pm ish.
Saturday 8/13; Plan out a trails to run for the day. Maybe move camps to Camp Mike Urich.
Sunday 8/14; Plan out a 1/2 day trail run so people can leave early if they need to.

Rig requirements: Follow the NWC Minimum Requirements
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1052890
Tire size: 31" and larger
Traction aiding device: not required but recommended
I've only been on some trails in the LT Murray Wildlife Area so please chime in if you've got more experience in the area.

8/12: On the way back from Lincoln City, if I can talk the wife into it. Problem: Jeep would be in Yelm.

Update: we are not in. Jeep still broke with no drive shafts in sight, and the womans Yota needs to be broken in, so we are keeping it local.

Thanks,

Stupid cell phone signature from my EVO via Tapatalk

Back