• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nacfest

In addition, I do plan on bringing down a few rare beers, as well as some from our new local brewery.

Which new brewery is that?

I'll see what I can find tomorrow, as we have some fairly decent new local stuff as well...unfortunately all I've got at home of interest is a few-year-old Dogfish Head 120, which I'll gladly bring along.

Which new brewery is that?

I'll see what I can find tomorrow, as we have some fairly decent new local stuff as well...unfortunately all I've got at home of interest is a few-year-old Dogfish Head 120, which I'll gladly bring along.

Farmhouse Brewery. Brewery is in Newark Valley, taproom is Owego, as Newark Valley is dry-ish. Been open almost 2 years; always have at least 14 of their beers on tap. Farm brewery, 90% NY State ingredients. I'll probably bring three growlers that I will pick up Friday afternoon, when heading out of town. They tend to do a fair number of unique beers, which I'll bring, rather than the standards. Y'all might not like them, but then again, it will be different. Anyone for beet beer?

I may also toss in a few Ommegang that have some years on them, as well as some Firestone Walker Proprietor's Series (Sucaba, Parabola).

David Bricker / SYR

Around this time last year, I was at the Firestone Walker brewery. :D

I think I also have a Drake's Mocha Stout 22oz from a while ago, that I've been saving for someone who'll appreciate it more than I will. I'll throw that in as well.

Beets though...dunno about that. I like hops. There's been a trend towards gose beers now too which I'm not all that fond of. I'll see what I can pick up on the way out. :)

I may also toss in a few Ommegang that have some years on them, as well as some Firestone Walker Proprietor's Series (Sucaba, Parabola).

David Bricker / SYR

YES. Bring Parabola. I'm def a fan of Stouts/Porters and tasty IPAs.

I'll go to the store tonight and see what I can find.

What are you beer snobs fans of? All types of brews? IPAs? Stouts?

YES. Bring Parabola. I'm def a fan of Stouts/Porters and tasty IPAs.

I'll go to the store tonight and see what I can find.

What are you beer snobs fans of? All types of brews? IPAs? Stouts?

I tend to lean towards Belgiums, but will try anything. I tend to shy away from beers with coffee in them.

David Bricker / SYR

Got some vintage Firestone chilling (Parabola, Velvet Merkin, Helldorado), some rare Stone (W00tStout) , some old Ommegang (2012 Abbey, RareVos). Will get three growlers and 5 bombers of stuff from Farmhouse.

Hopefully, I will have a tiny bit of room in the cooler for food.

Planning to be there by 7-ish Friday evening. I'm bringing stuff for potluck, if there's a potluck.

David Bricker / SYR

Damn dude. I picked up 9 or so various local MD favorites to bring up

Wife and I should be there around 5...maybe earlier

Back