• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACFEST 22 Rausch vs AOAA

Rausch vs AOAA

• Rausch

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • AOAA

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hate to say it but I wont be making it this year.
Jeeps needing some work and no time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AOAA trails are more challenging, but harder to get to, and shared by motorcycles and ATVs. All of the Rausch trails are right next to each other and are fullsize-only. AOAA has better on-site facilities (esp camping), but Rausch is closer to hotels and the campground. AOAA is much cheaper. Generally speaking I think we should support RC and avoid the congestion, but I am fine with either of them.

AOAA Trails are more challenging but there's very little for advanced trails compared to Rausch. I'm going to try and make it but it'll most likely just be Sunday sadly. If both cost the same I'd go to Rausch every time. I go to AOAA often on Monday day trips though.

AOAA Trails are more challenging but there's very little for advanced trails compared to Rausch. I'm going to try and make it but it'll most likely just be Sunday sadly. If both cost the same I'd go to Rausch every time. I go to AOAA often on Monday day trips though.

Sunday is an optional day, most people pack up and head out, cost is no where near the same, especially for a family, Rausch is over double compared to aoaa.

STROKER

It should be noted that Rausch is a private operation, whereas AOAA is owned/run by the county they're in - I'd bet that gives AOAA a significant advantage in terms of operating capital and overhead/expenses and is a factor in the lower pricing (for example, I'm sure RC's insurance costs are considerable, where AOAA may be self-insuring through the county government).

Anyway, to get a little more on-topic:

While I'm up for whichever the consensus ends up pointing us at, I do understand the economic factors that led to this thread being started (and I believe the BOD was right in putting the question out there for discussion).

That said, Eric's point about supporting RC is, I think, an important one. Rausch has been the NAC's "Home Field" for many years, and we have a good relationship with the folks who own/run it.

As a thought, if the consensus for NACFest is AOAA, may I suggest that we consider switching RocktoberFest this year to Rausch?

Last edited:
Well, I haven't been to Rausch or Nacfest in years, but I'll be at Rausch this weekend. Since I have to pay the "Membership", I'd like to get more than a single use out of it. I'm also considering riding with the NAC at least once this year. Cost will be a HUGE factor for many of us, so for me, I'd say I agree with Rob regarding alternating the 2 locations.

Sunday is an optional day, most people pack up and head out, cost is no where near the same, especially for a family, Rausch is over double compared to aoaa.

STROKER

Yes I understand. I'm going to try and make it Saturday. I know the prices are very different, I was just saying if they were. I only go to AOAA because they're open Mondays when I'm off and they're cheap. Rausch is private and has to compete with insurances and other factors, plus has a much more fun system than AOAA, especially for its smaller size. I'll be trying to go to the event regardless, I voted Rausch.

I will add this
R.C. for a family of 3, $365 for 3 days
Aoaa family of 3 $95
Just sayin…..

Oh, I have noticed the last couple years that the RC prices have gone up a fair bit, but it is still a shock to see that comparison in black and white.

Rock2pus said:
Vote anyway, and vote your honest preference. We are basing the venue solely on this, so the vote counts.
I will put in some thought and vote in the poll over the weekend.

Mighty.Mighty_XJ said:
I'm also considering riding with the NAC at least once this year

Would be great to see you again, Laverne - been too long since you made it up this to join us.

Not that it's a big percentage of the whole pie, but from Twin Grove to AOAA is an additional 50 miles round trip each day compared to Rausch, much of that not highway and not flat. So for me (towing) the extra $25 in fuel plus hour+ of driving per day is lame, I'd rather spend more time wheeling and less miles and fuel in the tow rig, even if that comes at what would be a small net premium for me in cost. 'more time wheeling' also being that we spend half the day + just getting to and from the stuff to wheel on at AOAA most of the time.

This opinion would change a lot if we were camping at or near AOAA, but that's obviously not in the cards for this trip.

Just my perspective.

Not that it's a big percentage of the whole pie, but from Twin Grove to AOAA is an additional 50 miles round trip each day compared to Rausch, much of that not highway and not flat. So for me (towing) the extra $25 in fuel plus hour+ of driving per day is lame, I'd rather spend more time wheeling and less miles and fuel in the tow rig, even if that comes at what would be a small net premium for me in cost. 'more time wheeling' also being that we spend half the day + just getting to and from the stuff to wheel on at AOAA most of the time.

This opinion would change a lot if we were camping at or near AOAA, but that's obviously not in the cards for this trip.

Just my perspective.

Good point, never looked at it that way, also might I add that we tend to stand around for way to long bs’ing, 😆

STROKER

Just my perspective.

Fair point.

I recognize that Rausch is more expensive, but for NACFest the convenience and tradition outweigh the cost in my opinion.

Also, over the years Rausch has been incredibly supportive of our event and with helping our members when they break. I think that stuff matters.

But I do feel Ben’s pain, as I’ll be bringing four kids with me this year.

That said, Eric's point about supporting RC is, I think, an important one. Rausch has been the NAC's "Home Field" for many years, and we have a good relationship with the folks who own/run it.

Perhaps it may be worth mentioning to Lynn & co. that we're having this conversation and the cost differential is becoming a bigger consideration for our group as more members start bringing more kids etc, and see if she'd be open to some sort of group pricing or discount for our event?

Perhaps it may be worth mentioning to Lynn & co. that we're having this conversation and the cost differential is becoming a bigger consideration for our group as more members start bringing more kids etc, and see if she'd be open to some sort of group pricing or discount for our event?

There you go again making sense, Chris. I will definitely look into that.

Back