• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Tubed Doors Effort

waxer said:
Some tubing coming out from your sliders would have helped a lot to prevent, or at least limit the damage there.

I saw some of the pics posted on that rock garden. I would definitely add some tubing before you start wheeling with the next set. :)

Maybe. But some tubing out of the sliders could get me stuck in a notch. Did you watch the Bronco Peak video I posted? shows Mark and Kevin spinning there wheels cuz there rockers stick out to far in a V notch. Of course I had bigger tires then they did, but my rails are much closer to the body for a reason. :D

waxer said:
If you saw where I'm working at, you'd understand.

I can't exactly go into production with anything at my garage as I'm lucky just to make things for myself without my neighbors complaining.

My garage is the 1st floor and above them are 3 bedroom apartments. Any noise I make in front of my garage just echos because there is a mirrored building across from mine.

I am very selective with the times that I'm down there fabbing and I make sure to get a long with my neighbors so that they are ok in dealing with me. No grinding/cutting/air tools after 6pm. Only hand tools at that point.

Ah, OK, yeah I understand. I'd offer up my place if you lived closer.

Nice, did you bend them? With what???

Sorry about lagging on the specs guys. I've been extremely busy at work and haven't had time to get them.

I am going to make the 4th and final door today and I'll jot down all the specs.

For those wondering why I'm not willing to make these and sell them. 2 simple reasons.

1) No time and/or proper facilities.

2) The cost of steel. I just bought another stick of 1.5" x .120 HREW for $43!!!!!!

When I was doing roll cages a few years ago, I was paying $17-$19 for a stick of the stuff. It add's up fast.

Along with the specs I'll also include the total feet used to make these doors, so you can get an idea of how much they cost to make.

See ya later today.

waxer said:
Sorry about lagging on the specs guys. I've been extremely busy at work and haven't had time to get them.

I am going to make the 4th and final door today and I'll jot down all the specs.

For those wondering why I'm not willing to make these and sell them. 2 simple reasons.

1) No time and/or proper facilities.

2) The cost of steel. I just bought another stick of 1.5" x .120 HREW for $43!!!!!!

When I was doing roll cages a few years ago, I was paying $17-$19 for a stick of the stuff. It add's up fast.

Along with the specs I'll also include the total feet used to make these doors, so you can get an idea of how much they cost to make.

See ya later today.

Sorry guys, not going to happen today. I did get the last door done, but I smashed the crap outta my fingers and split 2 of them open, so I didn't get a chance to get the specs done.

I'll get them as soon as I can.

waxer said:
The latches are just simple gate latches. I'm sure I could have gone fancy and bought some real nice ones, but I prefer function and simplicity over anything else.

I'll get some close ups of the latches. I'll also get close ups of the hinges.

I'll also gladly share the design specs with anyone who wants them, with full dimensions and angle specs.

Hope this helps.
thoes doors are the nicest ones that I have seen yet.

Could you PM me all the specs for the doors, angle bend and all that good stuff. I would greatly apreciate it. thanks.

JeepMan 666 said:
thoes doors are the nicest ones that I have seen yet.

Could you PM me all the specs for the doors, angle bend and all that good stuff. I would greatly apreciate it. thanks.

read noob, he said he's gonna post the specs but he busted his fingers, give em a break :D
:flame:

some updated pics... specs coming soon. Patience grasshoppers!!

normal_sa500090.jpg

normal_sa500091.jpg

normal_sa500092.jpg

normal_sa500093.jpg

normal_sa500094.jpg

normal_sa500095.jpg

normal_sa500096.jpg

normal_sa500097.jpg

hellbilly04 said:
you have a PM
I was even gonna tell him to get in touch with you, but decided to read the rest of the thread and see if anyone else chimed in first...:)

Back