• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Tubed Doors Effort

did you say effort? Thats a hell of an effort. those things are bad ass. ever think of making more and selling. I guarantee you they would sell fast. i know i want a set EXACTLY like those.

Smittty9785 said:
did you say effort? Thats a hell of an effort. those things are bad ass. ever think of making more and selling. I guarantee you they would sell fast. i know i want a set EXACTLY like those.
Same here....

The latches are just simple gate latches. I'm sure I could have gone fancy and bought some real nice ones, but I prefer function and simplicity over anything else.

I'll get some close ups of the latches. I'll also get close ups of the hinges.

I'll also gladly share the design specs with anyone who wants them, with full dimensions and angle specs.

Hope this helps.

waxer said:
The latches are just simple gate latches. I'm sure I could have gone fancy and bought some real nice ones, but I prefer function and simplicity over anything else.

I'll get some close ups of the latches. I'll also get close ups of the hinges.

I'll also gladly share the design specs with anyone who wants them, with full dimensions and angle specs.

Hope this helps.
Id love that man, send me a pm. Put that on my to do list. right behind my 9" and 44 swap. right now, im in and out of the house installing a cage. its a pain but it'll be worth it.

Smittty9785 said:

x2

I think I need tube doors for the sake that I destroyed my second set of doors.

2466531611_bbf5e0d6e4.jpg

2466531153_c31b202f6f.jpg

mikedashg said:
Yeah, I never liked tube doors, but I actually like those damn. You sure you don't want to make a couple sets? :D

If you saw where I'm working at, you'd understand.

I can't exactly go into production with anything at my garage as I'm lucky just to make things for myself without my neighbors complaining.

My garage is the 1st floor and above them are 3 bedroom apartments. Any noise I make in front of my garage just echos because there is a mirrored building across from mine.

I am very selective with the times that I'm down there fabbing and I make sure to get a long with my neighbors so that they are ok in dealing with me. No grinding/cutting/air tools after 6pm. Only hand tools at that point.

mikedashg said:
I think I need tube doors for the sake that I destroyed my second set of doors.

2466531611_bbf5e0d6e4.jpg

2466531153_c31b202f6f.jpg

Some tubing coming out from your sliders would have helped a lot to prevent, or at least limit the damage there.

I saw some of the pics posted on that rock garden. I would definitely add some tubing before you start wheeling with the next set. :)

LBC yea, i can see how you want to make good with your neighbors. snoop might come along and knock on your door and give a bullet to ya. I came from redondo beach and never looked back. only been back down to LA for Dodger games. I worked in LB for a long time working at alot of the harbors on sport fishing boats. i lvoed it cause i was never really in LB i was always out on the water.

Smittty9785 said:
LBC yea, i can see how you want to make good with your neighbors. snoop might come along and knock on your door and give a bullet to ya. I came from redondo beach and never looked back. only been back down to LA for Dodger games. I worked in LB for a long time working at alot of the harbors on sport fishing boats. i lvoed it cause i was never really in LB i was always out on the water.

hehe, I think you're a bit confused.

My being considerate of my neighbors has nothing to do with bullets or a bad area. I happen to live in the east side of Long Beach, near the traffic circle. Which is one of the best parts of Long Beach to live. This is a very safe place and has very little crime in this section.

I'm just being considerate of my neighbors due to the design of the property I live in. That's the type of person I am.

waxer said:
hehe, I think you're a bit confused.

My being considerate of my neighbors has nothing to do with bullets or a bad area. I happen to live in the east side of Long Beach, near the traffic circle. Which is one of the best parts of Long Beach to live. This is a very safe place and has very little crime in this section.

I'm just being considerate of my neighbors due to the design of the property I live in. That's the type of person I am.
being considerate goes a long ways for those times you have to make some noise or do something that will annoy them but can't help it

GauchoMD said:
Could you PM me the design specs?? PLease! :)

No Problemo... I should have something up by tomorrow night. Been busy watching the Lakers lose tonight.

waxer said:
Some tubing coming out from your sliders would have helped a lot to prevent, or at least limit the damage there.

I saw some of the pics posted on that rock garden. I would definitely add some tubing before you start wheeling with the next set. :)

Tubing isn't going to help Mike. Second thought, if he just replaced all the sheet metal with tubing, that'd work. Those are the buggy doors anyway, they've been discarded once in favor of tubing. :)

Back