• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Successful APN header install

Just ordered this APN header.hope all goes well. Will be doing the recommended motor and trans mounts as well. My DS motor mount is hashed for sure. (prolly the original cause of cracked manifold)
Great info for DIY, budget minded install on this thread

I'm starting this job tomorrow. Will bolt up to the flange, then hit an exhaust shop for the 2.5" flex pipe and magnaflow muffler.

And yes, I installed my Brown Dog motor mounts first and inspected my tranny mount. I'm ready for this upgrade.

yes but the APN header isnt really meant for 00 and 01. I have a 01 intake and had to grind down the header flange to make it work. Plus i think the precat is needed for the O2 sensor

yes but the APN header isnt really meant for 00 and 01. I have a 01 intake and had to grind down the header flange to make it work. Plus i think the precat is needed for the O2 sensor

on there website they sell the headers for the 00-01, its the two piece ones. thats the one you got?

I have done a similar setup with an APN header and 2000 intake manifold with a bored stock throttlebody/K&N fipk and it made quite the difference.

Has anybody installed this exhaust header with a renix head and intake system? What all was different? Will the exhaust ports line up without any problems?

I just finished the install on my 99. Had to dent in #6 header tube, and trim the manifold on tube #1.

Gearwrenches are a must have for this job, makes it soooo easy.

I discovered after pulling in on and off a few times. You can thread the shared lower bolts in a few threads and then slide the manifold down through them. I could not get those started blind! I tried a socket with a magnet in it... and a few other failed ideas before stumbling across this one. Saved me a lot of time.

wayback machine does not store pics, either. Did anyone happen to save the photos?

I don't know about everyone else, but I think there is too much hype that this is a hard job. I was able to reach all of the bolts from the top with a socket and a long extension. Yes it took some time, but its not as hard to reach everything as its being portrayed.

I don't know about everyone else, but I think there is too much hype that this is a hard job. I was able to reach all of the bolts from the top with a socket and a long extension. Yes it took some time, but its not as hard to reach everything as its being portrayed.

I have had a nightmare of a time with each manifold I've done. Takes me longer to get the two bottom/middle bolts than the rest of the job. Once I get them started I use a flexhead ratcheting wrench and takes no time to tighten, just getting them started always is a hassle for me.

My manifold bolts have been loosening up though since the last time I had the manifold off. I've gotten pretty good about getting to all the bolts to tighten them down now, removing the air box is worth the extra couple of steps for me.

It's still a huge pain and I end up with bruises and cuts :bawl: .

Back