• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My slooooowwwwww build thread :)

Appreciate it guys. I'm going to get tow ork now. I'll post back. And I could use a valve cover gasket. Not desperately being that the right side of the valve cover has some saturation but not the left.

Better not rain/drizzle

Okay so I took the jumper cables and put them from my battery to the starter (negative on bolt on starter and positive on one of those posts.) and sure enough the starter spinned. I'm completely lost at this point. I swapped relays with each other last night and the problem still exist. This is really wierd.

I checked wiring and grounds and everything seems in check. I have yet to even drive to my job to see when I am working next. I could be even working tomorrow. I guess I should try and call.

edit:
lol I work this friday 9-2:15

WHAT SHIT XXXXING HOURS 2 DAYS IN 2 WEEKS?

Anyway when I turn the key on to start it I get a single click from the passenger relay box. So I'm going to look in the owners manual and see what I should maybe check there.

Last edited:
i forgot to tell u in order to actually start the truck by jumping the starter the key has to be in the on position ...or u will get no fuel.
Okay I will try again with the key on. My neighbor said to look into my ignition switch. Which I'm going to look up. I'll post back when I try powering the starter with the key on.

Just spinning like when you were here. Not turning over. I had my dad sit in the jeep with the key all the way on as if you are trying to start it. I jumped the starter again and it cranked with him doing that. He claims it may be the solenoid so I'm going to pull the starter and see if we can clean it up.

(crosses fingers)

Pulled (I dont know why to be honest) and the solenoid clicked on and off fine and the starter spun fine. So I'm putting it back in now.

I have root beer float ingredients waiting for me when I fix this. Hopefully I can get a root beer float today :(

Put it all back together nice. Same thing of course. Dad is re checking fuses. I'm completely stumped..

Last edited:
The problem lies within the ignition system. I can start it now. But I need to wire up a push button into my dash to make things easier. Basically we cut the green wire from the starter and touched it to the positive terminal with the key on and it starts. So I'm going to look for a push button to mount in my dash. (for the time being. I have a headache from it now. Going to give her a good wash and makes me a root beer float. I think I kinda deserve it right?)

Sorry If I am being annoying again...

By you cutting the wire your doing the same thing by passing the relay. As for why that starter is spinning like that again that is werid.....The last starter you had in there the brushes were eating away at the copper surface inside the starter. I'm not sure why it's doing that maybe someone else can chime in. For the time being to start it you can get two test lead wires with gator clips at the end hook them together and clip on end to the small post on the starter and touch one to the pos batt post. Other than that i'm kinda running out of suggestion here.

By you cutting the wire your doing the same thing by passing the relay. As for why that starter is spinning like that again that is werid.....The last starter you had in there the brushes were eating away at the copper surface inside the starter. I'm not sure why it's doing that maybe someone else can chime in. For the time being to start it you can get two test lead wires with gator clips at the end hook them together and clip on end to the small post on the starter and touch one to the pos batt post. Other than that i'm kinda running out of suggestion here.

It's fine. Atleast I can drive it now. I do appreciate all your help. Now that I think of it I may have touched the positive jumper cable to only one of the screws. Not both. So I don't know what I did wrong. Or what is wrong. What my dad did was cut the green wire that came up to the plug that goes into the rest of the wiring harness. He put caps on both ends and all I have to do is just unscrew the one cap (key on obviously) and touch the green wire to the positive terminal and she fires right up. I'm going to probably wire in a push button.

after this long day and a bubbly bath

dscf4251.jpg

dscf4252.jpg

dscf4253k.jpg

dscf4254v.jpg

dscf4255.jpg

dscf4257jb.jpg

dscf4258.jpg

Is it me, or does the passenger side wheel look like it sticks out a bit more than the other side?

Dooooont say that lol. I just relocated my track bar yesterday! tracks much nicer and the steering is much more solid. Still need to get an alignment (never dont it after I got the lift).

I did put camera on a tripod and center. But it may still be hard to tell from the photos hour center the axle is.

Lol, no matter how many times I look at it, it just seems like there's a spacer...or the wheel has a different back spacing than the drivers side. Unless it's just an optical illusion...I don't know.

Last edited:
Back