• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My RE kit ain't good...

looks like 31x10.50 BFG AT KO's to me.

You think thats a lot of rake???? ..... ever look at a stock MJ ??? Like so many have pointed out....the kit is designed to sit that way when new. My heep looks like that...whats wrong with it...looks good to me....bad looking are the full size trucks that are "bulldogged" where the front rides as much as 10 inches higher than the rear...for the life of me I don't understand that.

As for the rough ride....it's part of Jeepin'....want cushy?? get a set of 33" TSL's and run 'em with the pressure set for a full footprint...

chucknewell said:
I put three signs in my XJ so someone else won't get stuck with a kit like I ended up with. RE either sent me the wrong springs or their engineers just think a vehicle shouldn,t sit level. I bought the SuperRide kit - yea right. I had a 1-ton cab and chassis that rode smoother. AAAGGGHH! :mad:
whining.jpg

to quote an unknown author " pull the string out and hit the dirt you sissy" !!!

P.S. malls are cool, my kids love them witch gives me time to work on my jeep!!!! YAH, MALLS ROCK!!!

turdles said:
I hate my RE kit... Rides like shit and flexes like shit too. I got the RE 5.5 extreme duty kit.
prarriecity1.jpg

My RE extreme duty kit seems to flex plenty nice, and its not even broken in yet, probably between 5-800 miles on it, and just a little off-roading. And it rides almost as nice as my cougar....well, not the best comparison, since the cougar is pretty stif, but handles great.
Really though, nothing is perfect. Even if you have a legitiment issue, one problem isnt enough to condenm a company manufacturing thousands of kits. I've loved both the RE kits ive had.

:rattle: Here's what ya got goin on there missey, a little more lift in the back of the panties than in the front. A couple of years ago RE started useing 1 inch shorter leaves than the coils in front. They use a 1.25" shackle to gain back the lift. This longer shackle alows the leaf to flatten out better during compression. AKA more flex.

RE kits have always employed the same lift front and rear as opposed to many mfg.s that sell you an inch less lift in the rear. This combined with the added 1/4" from the shackle and you got a stink bug. Plain and simple. The leafs will settle a bit but will never to the point of "flat". Throw a boat load of tools and gear and spare parts and you won't look like a '65 Impala out on the trail.

What I did with the same situation a couple of years ago was to add 1" poly spacers in the front IN ADDITION to the stock isolaters. I had determined well in in advance that the spacers would likely be required to achive the stance I wanted. What I have stated here is a paraphrase of the volumes of info on this subject I discovered here hidden behind the SEARCH button.

With the volumes of data ( and useful flame wars ) available here for free on just about every lift and / or components, there is no excuse for buying something your'e not going to be happy with. Relax, take a deep breath. The RE S.A. kits are one of the best lift values out there.

:lecture:

Tim

OK, I'm done now. :D

youre_awesome.gif
....​

Yikes! Re: My RE kit ain't good...

Man, I stirred up a hornet's nest.

O.K. I'll clarify some of the stuff.

I have the RE6025 3.5" Super Ride w/ Rear Springs XJ kit. Installed by pro's (I watched). Bolts are torqued. Installed about a year ago.

Urban 4X4?

I can't remember if the damage was caused by shopping carts at Wal-Mart or from runnin' down an over-grown trail.

More Tomorrow...

jeepbme said:
i couldve told you that...overpriced crap.

RUSTYS ALL THE WAY

Nice try charlotte.....bet a search for sagged Rusty's lifts/broken components/crappy service will outnumber complaints about RE's quality/service about 50/1. Give it a whirl.

Re: Yikes! Re: My RE kit ain't good...

chucknewell said:
Man, I stirred up a hornet's nest.

O.K. I'll clarify some of the stuff.

I have the RE6025 3.5" Super Ride w/ Rear Springs XJ kit. Installed by pro's (I watched). Bolts are torqued. Installed about a year ago.

Urban 4X4?

I can't remember if the damage was caused by shopping carts at Wal-Mart or from runnin' down an over-grown trail.

More Tomorrow...

And after a year, you're deciding to complain about it here? Let us know what RE has to say......Btw, shocks?

turdles said:
I hate my RE kit...RE is a pos and gave me the wrong bolts cus they dont make them for my 8.25..
Lemme guess genius; you didn't specify your axle type when you ordered, so it defaulted to the D35 u-bolts. C8.25" uses a larger 3.00" u-bolt, but because you or your vendor f'ed it up, it's ALWAYS someone elses fault? Whhaaaaaa.... :rattle:

As to the original poster...what lift is it? Springpack or AAL? SR or SF? Torqued the bolts properly after setting the Jeep back on all fours, or did you just "good-n-tight" them while it was up in the air? Did you expect Cadillac ride from a lifte vehicle? Here's a :rattle: for you too.

It blows me away that people complain that their RE lift provided more than the advertised amount. If they bought a Whopper and got 1/3-pound of meat instead of 1/4-pound they'd be thrilled. Along those lines, if they bought a 3.5" lift and got 3.25" they'd feel slighted, especially after the springs had time to settle....

Take a fawkin' pill and grow up. Sheesh.

The stance looks fine. But if you want to fine-tune, get ACOS.

xj ranger asked a question way back on page one - Do you have a SYE and new driveshaft? Since yours is a 97+, it is more prone to post-lift driveline vibes, which could be causing your "rough" ride.

Post 53
chucknewell said:

post 56
Yucca-Man said:
.what lift is it? Springpack or AAL? SR or SF? Torqued the bolts properly after setting the Jeep back on all fours, or did you just "good-n-tight" them while it was up in the air?

Probably was asking while he was answering.

Daryl

Back