• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My RE kit ain't good...

olivedrabcj7 said:
honestly though guys....ive had lifts ranging from 3" to 7" from skyjacker, superlift, rustys, RE, and Rough Country. so far theyve all ridden noticably stiffer than stock. i think most of the jarring ride comes from the shatty shocks that come with most kits. i bet if he replaced his shocks with some old man emu or adjustable rancho 9000's it would be a little smoother. but no lift kit will ride like stock. i dont care what anybody says.

I agree, I have RE 4 1/2 super flex kit, at first I had the terrible procomp es3000 it came with..horrible ride! I then realized it was the shock and forked out the cash for some decent shocks, I got the edelbrok extreme off road shocks and it was like night and day, still a rough ride but a definate difference.

So uninstall the kit and send it to me since I need to lift mine

I'll agree more. A friend of mine has an RE 5.5" kit and he had to mess with that thing a ton during the install. Ended up cutting/re-welding the shock mounts...all kindsa wackiness. With all that trouble...he loves it and wouldn't buy anything but RE. I, on the other hand, would not listen to the advice of experience. I was in a big fat hurry to get a lift mostly b/c I needed tires. I went for Rustys and although I like it...I haven't used it. Anyway...mine sat almost 2" higher out back. It's been 6 months and it's still about .5" higher. It will settle some grasshopper. I think you are the first person I have ever heard knock anything from RE. Sorry you're unhappy...I know that sucks. I too hate that mine looks dragster but just keep that tank full. It's what knuckleheads like me do. Well...one of the things.

This thread ain't good.....what do you want us to do, hop into your sympathy wagon and collectively pile on RE? I used to drive a 1 ton Chev dualie with a 10ft flatbed........ u lie.

Your actions of hanging a sign in the window and whining on the web makes me wonder if the lift is even installed properly....What lift did you buy? What shocks are you running? Were the Control arm and leaf bolts torqued properly or just tightened with an impact on high while the tires were off the ground?

Try approaching this with logic and reason, contact RE directly if you have issues that you feel need to be resolved.....if that doesn't work, you can go back to laying on your back and kicking your feet while we watch......or you may want to ask for some help?

If you douse youself in fuel and then strike a match, you can't be upset that a crowd has gathered.......

Keep in mind that RE makes products for off roaders, not parking lot pretty boys. That said, most people that purchase a lift actually go offroad with their rigs. RE gives you a leaf pack that will give you the advertised height after it has settled and you have it loaded with the necessities (spare tire,high lift jack,strong bumper,etc). You are one person with a complaint about being too high against many many others complaints about some lifts that sit below advertised height after settling with no load.

here's an idea.....everybody that disagrees with this post give this guy a penny. He'll be able to afford new leafs by tomorrow.

I agree with everyone here, don't complain. Mine sat the same way, so I threw a spacer in the front for now. Oh no, it's higher than expected, what ever will I do :laugh3: . And if you're complaining about ride... why are you driving a Jeep... a lifted Jeep?

easy.......i happen to like stickers. and my junk is trailered to and fro. i think stickers displaying a high quality off road product actually take away from the grocery getter - ness of the lifted xj. whereas the "dont follow me, you wont make it", "4x4" windshield banner in tribal font, GIANT "superlift", "APC", and other ones displaying the name of an inferior product or obviously trying to overcome the "little man syndrome" are retarded.

I love my RE lifts. Yep that is right I have now had 2 xjs with RE lifts. I have only had one problem and that is leafs sagging in the rear of the new xj but you don't hear me moaning and crying about it. I would rather my backend sit higher. You can send the lift to me and I will pay shipping if you really don't want it. I'll put it on my new dd cherokee.--------Kyle

I'll see if i can get a pic of the cooooolest sticker ever! I looked at an '86 v6 xj last week with an RE sticky across the back window made from "peel -n- press" plastic letters.

I've got the RE Super ride kit with full packs. I needed a 3/4" spacer up front to help it level out because of my winch bumper. Love the stuff. I would recommend RE to anyone and everyone asking of a lift kit to buy. I think your XJ is sitting near perfect. Little high in the rear is suitable for loading up the cargo area. :wave:

I hate my RE kit... Rides like shit and flexes like shit too. I got the RE 5.5 extreme duty kit. Kits been on for about 8months and my jeep is now raked about an inch, spacers will be put on this summer along with taking those gay drop brackets off and am making some long arms... RE is a pos and gave me the wrong bolts cus they dont make them for my 8.25.........its a stock axle youd think that they could supply those? oh well i ended up getting the wrong bolts 3 times so i am re-doing the rear this weekend...RE is fun stuff if you like doing everything multiple times.

Just my opininon

man oh man. you are in the wrong hood wearing the wrong colors....

turdles said:
I hate my RE kit... Rides like shit and flexes like shit too. I got the RE 5.5 extreme duty kit. Kits been on for about 8months and my jeep is now raked about an inch, spacers will be put on this summer along with taking those gay drop brackets off and am making some long arms... RE is a pos and gave me the wrong bolts cus they dont make them for my 8.25.........its a stock axle youd think that they could supply those? oh well i ended up getting the wrong bolts 3 times so i am re-doing the rear this weekend...RE is fun stuff if you like doing everything multiple times.

Just my opininon

Sentence structer and grammar please, that was hard to read.

Since you hate the drop brackets send them here!

Seriously though - if you're riding bad what about your torque? How did you go about torquing down the control arms and the leaf spring / shackle bushings? That will make a HUGE difference.

As for the bolts - are you refering to the U-Bolts?

I think it looks good, I think you should be complaining more about the tint on those windows, if those are bubbles and not dirt.

Back