• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Novice Build.

That metal looks like aluminum to me... not yellowish enough to be stainless, not grey/blueish enough to be regular steel. Not my style, but it's not gonna rust!

I trimmed a few of the smallest slats (the really small ones, barely noticeable) out of my grille to pass my foglight wiring through, but I left the rest OEM style.

Yeah I was planning on painting the whole thing, but I think I will replace the expanded metal with a larger, more sturdier gauge, and then paint it all.

Got some wheels and tires:

IMGP0142.jpg

IMGP0141.jpg

IMGP0143.jpg

Hope to put the budget boost on tomorrow. Gonna trim the front and eventually do the cut and fold to the rear quarters and fender.

High angle, schmigh angle. Just prep my objective HornedFrog. :spin1:

i would recomend using stainles steel gutter guard for your grill. ive got it on my xj, my dad has it on his super duty and im gunna put it on my 97 f250

Hey there we go, Spanky. I'll def look into that. Thanks a lot.

Although I haven't noticed any rust in there yet, I do know that the expanded metal I have is for stucco so it EASILY bent and warped to form walls and such. I know a funny angled stick would stab right through it to my rad, so an upgrade is in order.

Well I got the front coil spacers in last night and trimmed the front fenders this morning.

IMGP0146.jpg

Gonna cut and fold the rears and put the rear shackles in next weekend.

Oh yeah, not a lick of rust in the grill.

KGP came by last weekend and helped me with the rear shackles. Stance looks good. I'll get asome pics up soon. Deciding on whether or not to do some more work to th rear for clearance. I have a feeling my first trip out will decide that for me..........

Also looking into upgrading some some stuff up front like track bar steering area. Getting a funky clunk every now and agin.

Pics pending.

Been awhile since I posted, so here goes:

After an overnight foray at Turkey Bay I had to replace my alternator after a little jaunt through some mud..........:nono:

I pulled a 136 amp from a grand cherokee to replace the stock 90 amp. I plan to upgrade the alternator wiring as seen here:

http://www.olypen.com/craigh/charge.htm

Today I pulled an overhead console, sound bar, 97+ mirrors, and all the vaccum lines (plus a 97+ vac res which is smaller than mine) at the JY to get all my vac lines back to stock configuration. I also pulled some 6 inch-ish fog lights from a TJ. They are a little crusty, but the lights are fairly new looking SRBs. I was thinking of mountin them on the cowl area, or maybe the bumper. We'll see.

I'll take some pics and post as I play around with everything.

Been awhile since I posted, so here goes:

After an overnight foray at Turkey Bay I had to replace my alternator after a little jaunt through some mud..........:nono:

I pulled a 136 amp from a grand cherokee to replace the stock 90 amp. I plan to upgrade the alternator wiring as seen here:

http://www.olypen.com/craigh/charge.htm

Today I pulled an overhead console, sound bar, 97+ mirrors, and all the vaccum lines (plus a 97+ vac res which is smaller than mine) at the JY to get all my vac lines back to stock configuration. I also pulled some 6 inch-ish fog lights from a TJ. They are a little crusty, but the lights are fairly new looking SRBs. I was thinking of mountin them on the cowl area, or maybe the bumper. We'll see.

I'll take some pics and post as I play around with everything.

there wont be any electrical problems when you go from 90 amp to 136 will there? fried wires, fuses etc? just something to think about

Back