• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new XJ build, Comments/Opinions

Ok guys wanted to give you all an updated list of the parts I did end up buying. All these are sitting comfortably in my shop and depending on what the doc says today, they might be starting to be installed by this weekend.

After careful consideration about advice recieved on here, I tried to make the best possible choices that I could for my build. All in all for all parts to go on my rig I spent right at $8600. Also as a side note I picked up an XJ motor from a friend of mine that owns a scrap yard with 11k original miles on it for $600 bones. No idea yet as to what I am going to do with it, just could not let it go to waste. Bought the tranny/Transfer case and axles as well, all parts for 1k, not bad.

Here is my build sheet:

5.5" Extreme-Duty Long Arm Suspension System by Rubicon Express
(4) Rancho RS9000XL High Performance Shocks
(5) Series 97 Black Soft 8 Steel Wheel by pro Comp-15x8
(5) BF Goodrich 33x10.50 KM2 Tires
AdvanceAdapters SYE and Tom Woods Drive Shaft Combo
Olympic TopHat Rack(Sent this back and I am going to go with the low profile rack by JCR).
Optima Battery
High Output Alternator by PowerMaster
4.56 Gears
ARB Air Locker with Compressor
Dynomax Cat Back Exhaust System
ARB Snorkel Kit
(8) Total KC HiLites Driving and Fog Lamps
XRC 10 Comp Series Winch by Smittybuilt
Cut Out style Fender Flares by Bushwacker
JCR Front Winch Prerunner Bumper
JCR Stage 3 Rear Bumper
JCR Stage 3 Rock Sliders
JCR Transfer Case Skid
JCR Gas Tank Skid
JCR Light Rack
Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid-Found an amazing deal on this for under a C note
Also I am pulling out all interior and laying down full dynomat and then Rhino Lining Tuff Stuff Rubber to the interior and Rhino Lining Rock Hard halfway up the outside of the vehicle.

These are the parts that are currently sitting in my shop and just waiting to be put on. If the doc clears me today, I will start tonight by probably cutting the fenders and go from there. I am very excited and cannot wait to get my rig built. I am dying to go kayaking. On a plus note, the ladies insurance company finally came to an agreement on the lawsuit and have agreed to pay 85% of what I was asking for. So party time lol.

Again, thank everyone who put in advice and time in helping me as I greatly appreciate it. Lake

Wow, its really been 3 months. Well all my parts for my build and my Jeep itself have just been sitting in my shop since February. I was out on a particularly warm day on my 2010 Yamaha R1 and an elderly lady in a cadillac ran a red light and t-boned me at 50 mph. So my building days were seriously put on hold for months. I am now almost fully healed and ready to get back to it. I was in a coma for almost 3 weeks and she broke 65 bones in my body, as well as both my lungs collapsed, punctured kidney and liver, my spleen exploded, my right eye was knocked from its socket, and there was not a single part of me that did not have a bruise. So bare with me and in the next few weeks, major work is going to be done to my XJ. My lovely wife kept my XJ healthy by regularly driving it and changing the oil for me, as well as keeping all my shiny new parts covered and dust free.

As a side note, we traded in her SRT-8 Grand Cherokee on a 2010 JK Unlimited Rubicon. She loves it.

Shit, I was wondering what was going on with this build. Glad you are doing better dude. A drunk lady in a Benz killed my last rig but my front bumper/sliders saved me a lot of pain! If you were a few hundred miles closer Id come shake the hand of one of the luckiest men alive.

You'll love all that JCR gear you got.

Here's a sneak preview of your rear bumper! :D
DSCF0147.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I'm shocked at the amount of damage you've recovered from. Glad to hear you're doing better.

Remember to save a few bucks for your membership. NAXJA

damn, I think I saw something about that on the local news a while back. GL with the recovery. Take it easy though.

As a side note, I will be making a trip over to mobile to get my MJ's bed line-x'ed in a week or 3, might have to see some of your project in action.

Back