• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new flat belly pan.

IXNAYXJ said:
Really...? Hmmm...let us know how it is. I'm looking forward to getting back there when it's not 3 a.m. and running the whole thing. I have a feeling it's going to be SLOPPY!

Have fun!

-----Matt-----

It was really sloppy. We stuck to the originial routes and I had to winch aboot 5 or 6 times. Once we got to the bottom of the toboggan hill, it was nasty, but doable from there. There were a few holes that totally swallowed my 35. I had water to about halfway up my radiator. 39 IROK's Barely cleared the surface of the goo.

FiFi led the way. One of the holes that he was winching out of, he was just moving this HUGE mud flow in front of his rig. He did kick some ass today as he has the longest wheelbase in the group. Some mighty fine "hammer down" moments with 4 rooster tails. When he was done for the day, it looked like he took his rig to the mudbogs.

Elbe kicked ass today. It was SNOWING HARD when we got there. Then turned to rain, then hail, then the sun came out, then back to hail, then some snow and finally rain. Then sunny as we left.

A rather interesting day.

KarlVP said:
I've got nothing but time.

Sometimes I get jealous of those without rugrats. Then, when they're asleep I love them all over again.

So Busy got sloppy again, eh? It wasn't very bad when we were there in Nov.

Hey Matt I think some folks are headed up for Memorial Day.

Ba-Riedo said:
I would be down for an Elbe trip, you are talking about Elbe right? Never been and would love to check it out and do a little camping.

-Alex

Elbe would try your XJ hard. I might be interested, but only in the CJ.

I had a blast at Elbe yesterday, but as has been said a Winch was not optional, we had guys with 40 inch tires there, and they had to winch a couple of times. I made a video to give you some idea how it was.

I can't seem to get it to embed in my post, so follow the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tWucm0UZOE

Ok, I made the video to heckle Karl, but it gives you an idea how the busywild is also. :)

FiFo said:
I had a blast at Elbe yesterday, but as has been said a Winch was not optional, we had guys with 40 inch tires there, and they had to winch a couple of times. I made a video to give you some idea how it was.

I can't seem to get it to embed in my post, so follow the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tWucm0UZOE

Ok, I made the video to heckle Karl, but it gives you an idea how the busywild is also. :)

Very nice video!!
That is Gooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Karl, you still liking your tires? Just curiose now you have put them through there paces if you would replace with the same thing?

Michael

Looks like they're a little lacking in the mudslinging department, but that kind of goo will test anything.

Cool vid though, that's about how I remember the Busy.

2xtreme said:
Very nice video!!
That is Gooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Karl, you still liking your tires? Just curiose now you have put them through there paces if you would replace with the same thing?

Michael

I really love my tires.

I wasn't spinning them fast there, cause it wouldn't have done any good. Hip and Dirtball with thier V8's and 39 Iroks had to winch through the same spots.

After that last spot in the video the trail calms down alot. Just tight and technical, not the nasty gooey mud. Except for the very bottom, but that is what it is. Hammer DOWN time.

The busywild kicks ass.

fubar XJ said:
Looks like they're a little lacking in the mudslinging department, but that kind of goo will test anything.

Cool vid though, that's about how I remember the Busy.

I got through there with only two winch pulls, and there was mudslinging aplenty. :)

KarlVP said:
Yeah, you had the longest wheelbase. That helped IMMENSELY.

With that nice flat belly pan maybe you should invest in a prop fan ..... Drop the tires and you have yourself a swamp runner :gee: .

I just decided I'm staying away from the Busywild.

KarlVP said:
Yeah, you had the longest wheelbase. That helped IMMENSELY.

Don’t forget the 6 cylinder motor, brand new tires, and I spent the weekend trying to see how close I could get to rolling without actually going over.

The Busy is F'ed up, it's just the way it is. There were numerous spots with literally hood-high water in the holes when I ran it years ago ('98) and I hate deep water/muck, so I haven't been back since. My Jeep has grown a bit since then though, and I'd like to get back there this year.

KarlVP said:
Yeah, you came DAMN close to rolling ass over teakettle down the toboggan hill.

Don't forget at the entrance of the busy there was that right hand turn where I would have gone over if you hadn’t been hanging off my passenger side as a counter weight. I was so close to going over that when I shifted from first to reverse I thought that just the shock from the transmission shifting was going to be enough to tip it over, a stiff breeze was all that would have been needed until you got there.

And don’t forget about Saturday on Isabel when I tried to turn around and ended up on that ledge. Both of those times I was 100% sure I was going over.

FiFo said:
Don't forget at the entrance of the busy there was that right hand turn where I would have gone over if you hadn’t been hanging off my passenger side as a counter weight. I was so close to going over that when I shifted from first to reverse I thought that just the shock from the transmission shifting was going to be enough to tip it over, a stiff breeze was all that would have been needed until you got there.

And don’t forget about Saturday on Isabel when I tried to turn around and ended up on that ledge. Both of those times I was 100% sure I was going over.

Fifo's "almost" flop-a-thon.

Back