• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My New DD Project

Awesome! I hope I have as good luck when I do my floors. Coming out beautifully.

I am SO jealous. That is literally my exact jeep 3 years ago lol.

You ever get those caps and handle?

IMG_0429-1.jpg

Oh the memories :)

Last edited:
Yup, got the caps and handle. They'd are great, thanks.

It's 1am and I'm almost done. A few more trim pieces and the seats is all that's left. Maybe I can finish up tomorrow sometime.

Once this is done, I can put the MJ in the garage and start in on the tranny.

Sure made some room in there today :D

Thanks again!

Sure made some room in there today :D

Thanks again!

No problem, Stan. It was good meeting you. I hope that stuff works out for you.

Its just too darn cold and snowy to go out there and work on the Jeep right now. If it stops snowing tonight, I'm hoping to finish it all up.

The only thing left now is three small trim pieces, the pass. seat, the rear seat, and one seatbelt.

Jeep looked good Simon..Nice job!!

I made some good progress this weekend. For now, I'm claiming completion. I still have a list of little things I'd like to do over the winter, but nothing that I really HAVE to do .... just a bunch of little one night projects to keep me busy.

Dash is in
IMG_2263.JPG

Headliner, most of trim, and drivers seat.
IMG_2264.JPG

All done and ready for daily driving duty.
IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

And now its time to start in on the MJ. Just a few small things to throw in.
IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2270.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

The jeep looks nice..grey/black looks good. And that trans..man..looks like "someone" cleaned 'er all up and painted it too.. :)

Trans should be fine..it spun freeley and came out of a XJ that only had a little side body damage..and the odomoter only had 135,000 on it..barely broken in..almos like new..

Got some new wheels for the DD. I've always loved these ten spoke turbines .... found a set cheap, had them sandblasted and powdercoated ... I think they look great.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Those wheels look really nice...

I took the XJ on a fishing trip up to Canada last week. I towed my boat .... part of the way. Everything was doing fine until I hit a really long hill on the NE Extension. I was almost to the top of the hill and I started seeing the dreaded white smoke coming out the back. Yup, overheated the tranny and burped out some fluid.

We stopped, hooked the boat to the other vehicle that was with us - a really nice 07 Grand - and kept going. The XJ was just fine for the rest of the trip up and back, but I was pretty anxious the whole time. At least we had fun fishing, but I learned that old XJs are pretty crappy tow rigs - even with a tranny cooler.

Here are some pics from the trip.

photo.jpg

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

Awesome pix Simon. Looks like you had a great time. Oh, and your voicemail about the white smoke coming out of the back of the Jeep..I thought you were kidding!! Like me on 501...So I guess these Jeeps don't much care for nice steep hills..Doesn't burnt tranny fluid smell awesome!!

you really have no luck do you.

should have got a 5 speed. you would never have to worry about cooking the tranny.

and on the topic of bad luck Im burning oil now too.

Back