• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My name is Woody, and I am a Jeepaholic

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Just picked up XJ #3

This one is a 90 Limited 4 door (AW4/242/D35), crappy clearcoat & kinda funky interior, but everything seems to work & it runs & drives so good!

Found it in the local Steals & Deals paper last night, and was the second one to look at it this morning. Looker # 1 didn't bring cash and the seller didn't want a check...so it sold for $750.00 to the fool with a yardful already.

Best thing was that the Mrs gave the blessings on it...(I thinks she really wants my 88 Limited)

Now I'm in a mad scramble to replace my Moab funds :(

Normally the first step of curing one's self is to accept the addiction, but, you accepted it here, I don't think this group will be much help to overcome your XJ addiction!

Edit: Oh yeah man, no excuses, you'll make it to Moab one way or another!

"www.woody.org" NC home for wayward XJs & MJs.:)

Last edited:
"Oh yeah man, no excuses, you'll make it to Moab one way or another!"

Yes mother, I'll be there with bells on... (might be broke as crap till next payday 10-10, but oh well)

"NC home for wayward XJs"

MJ's too! To keep the score even, I need a SWB 4x4 Eliminator next, (then a 2-door XJ 4x4 HO, and I really want a XJ Woody Wagoneer (prefer white with saddle interior, and the funky 4 light nose)

The motive I am claiming is: The more yard I can cover with Jeeps, the less I have to mow...

i have seen one of the woodys around concord, i'll look and find it again and see about cost.

also i edited my first post.

Soo..I have the AL home for XJ and MJs

84 XJ Gold Cherokee Chief Prefect Paint needs new motor
84 XJ Cherokee Chief a little rough around the edges Kevin drives it 1000 miles each week to work
86 MJ Long Bed
86 XJ All deck out trail rig
01 XJ 163950 miles till it hits the trails...LOL

Looking for a newer one for Kevin to drive to work and one for eme to make my trail rig out of....

Heather

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. :eek:

The real problem...

Is each time I get another one of these things, the MJ Trail Killer project gets postponed...

Filling up the yard is not really my intent, but it'd be cool to have a few of them 'forward deployed'...Keep one beater at Tellico, another one near Denver, one at Mom's house near Boston, and a 4th one out in the Sierras... it only costs $20 to switch the tag from one to another, and swapping insurance is a simple phone call.

Hey woody, if you are interested there is on of those white XJ woody wagoneer up here in Vermont. It of 87 vintage, with full options, up country, even a D44. :D

In really good shape, not sure on mileage though, but no surface rust that I can see.

I know the owners, I think they are asking $2500, but its been there for a while, so the price cheaper. Let me know if anybodys interested, I would buy it myself, but just bought a 98 Classic, that I am picking up next weekend.

are you saying that this is your only problem?? don't think so :D

I feel your pain tho, 3 XJ's and a CJ, just wish I had the money that I spent on the CJ to build an XJ with.

Well, I know I have a problem, but it may be getting worse this weekend. I'm going to look at a flatty this weekend:angel: It's your classic story of a flatty hiding in some obscure corner of a barn. We'll see what the farmer says when I ask if he'll sell it.(crossing fingers).

Ary

woody said:
"Oh yeah man, no excuses, you'll make it to Moab one way or another!"

Yes mother, I'll be there with bells on... (might be broke as crap till next payday 10-10, but oh well)

I'll be glad to buy you a few beers, and breakfast one morning. :) :)

Hey, watch what yer sayin bout them Wagoneers. Sayin they gots funky lights

I like to think of them as the only cool setup. Yall's just jealous

:D

TRL-proud owner of an 88 "funky lights" Wagoneer-WGN 1

Hey Woody......

There was a 91 Elliminator here in Hartsville. I have not seen it lately but the guy wnated like 1800 for it! Just what you need help to get more XJ's! LOL!

Arright y'all

Thanks for the eyes out, but I am NOT IN THE MARKET for another Jeep (for at least three weeks.)

Today was a bittersweet Monday...

I took the Red 88 Limited to work, 'fixed' the inop fan relay with a Hella lamp sw & relay so it's 'on-demand', installed the K&N/ airtube from my trail rig, and stuffed the dash with a CD player & speakers I swiped from Momma's junker Honda. The ride to work was nice, and the ride home was even better... I haven't had :music: in 'my' vehicle since 1998 :)

Being that this is only the 2nd day in 16 months that I haven't driven my beater 89 to work (70 mi) I'm kinda sad. I felt unfaithful when I drove the shiny red Jeep back in the yard & parked next to the ole gal.(She was asleep when I snuck off this morn) Hopefully she understands that the 'new' ones are just a fling...when I want to git down & dirty, she'll be the one I saddle up.

Also saw where Karen had GI'd the interior of the Blue 90 Limited (the one we bought Friday) plus gave it a wash :dunno: She claims's undecided which one's "hers"... Prolly need to let her drive both for awhile and see from there. One of them (mine) is to get armor, 2-3" lift kit, 30x9.5 BFG AT & 4.56:1 with limited slips so she better make up her mind.

When you leaving?

I should order the new clutch today and hopefully when you return I'll be on my way to starting the instal of my new/old power plant! I cannot wait to get her backon the road and hopefully more reliable!

4.56s and 30's!?!?!??!?

You can change your name from 'Woody' to 'Wheelie'.
Nifty.
Now I want a friend that I can call 'Wheelie'.
Out.

Back