• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep

XJNinja

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, whats up? Name is Nick and im new to your nice forums. I was wondering what your thoughts are on me putting a 4.5" Rough Country lift on my 2wd Cherokee Sport. Its a 2000 and is stock except for air intake and exhaust. If I do lift it, will I get vibes? I obviously dont have a t-case so there is nothing I could do about that. I just would like to know your thoughts, thanks

59c852b7.jpg
-hub caps were removed

without a t-case your shaft will be longer so you should be ok. are you doing it to be pretty or you trying to make a prerunner?

I put a Rough Crappy lift on my heep on the first go-round. :doh:

The only thing I have left over from the entire kit is a headache!!!!

Welcome Nick the Ninja! :D

Anyway, a prerunner would be pretty cool. However stay away from Rough Contry, unless your just going for a tough looking mall crawler.

Otherwise, surf the board and read some Magazines. Lastly, make sure you ask specific question about what your going to do next before you do it.

Many have also done a 2wd to 4wd conversion, PM Jes for details.

I started with rough country too. Not a bad lift for the price but i would not recommend it. Super stiff ride and the leafs suck. Im in the process of replacing with RE and other stuff. I would just save up buy RE or something else of good quality with a soft nice suspension.

i wish i had that kind of axle clearance

Ramsey said:

hahah yeah its nice... i jumped my jeep on that same trip and did this to the pass. side fender... i have the jump on video, i got 3+ feet of air
437678_132_full.jpg

which warranted the fiberglass...
437678_140_full.jpg

notice the bulge... no pun intended
437678_142_full.jpg

how does rustysoffroad 4.5" leaf pack sound?

i want to take it offroad and such as 2wd for now, but still trying to decide whether or not to commit to converting it... still a little skeptical

i hope it also warranted some bigger bumpstops

Ramsey said:

:laugh: you mean no axle like clearance?

why did you buy the fiberglass fenders, you could have just sliced up your old steelies

small pederson said:
:laugh: you mean no axle like clearance?

why did you buy the fiberglass fenders, you could have just sliced up your old steelies

my steelies were already cut & flareless... i wanted to go to fiberglass anyway - it was gonna happen sometime soon. also, i have wheels with 3.75" BS so my 33's stick out past the end of the fenders, so at full stuff they wont tuck all the way inside the fenderwells, with the 'glass there's a wider/bigger fender opening and fenderwell so i can stuff the 33s all the way in. im getting ready to race in the SCORE and MDR series too, so its not like i do a lot of trail rides... mostly stuff in the desert...

EDIT: my king 2.5" airbumps and canisters are in the mail

Back