• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeep got hit - and now the other party's insurnace is screwing me

Now ya got me thinkin. I've gotta call my insurrance company tomorrow and ask what would happen to my coverage IF I put a lift on my jeep. I've got State Farm.

Who would of thought that new (OEM replacement -assuming that part) hubs, axle bearings, wheels and a new muffler would make your car worth less?

~Alex

I am going to do the repairs myself. If I had full coverage I could have went through my insurance company first and then they would go to the other party's insurance to get reimbursement. But I only have liability and so I had to go through the other insurance initially. I have had two meetings with my insurance agent though.

Off topic, but:
...,let off right before you hit deer/moose/bigfoot so the body will roll under your vehicle instead of through your windshield.

That'd be some hella impeccible timing.
Get a bull bar or "stinger" that mounts at least 10-12" above and sticks out 2-3" further then the bumper. Anything shorter then the stinger goes through the grill or under the wheels
'Taller then the stinger, the stinger knocks it forward and down, then under the wheels. Works great for everything but people,...

So don't hit people.

a girl hit my wife's blazer in the parking lot, 3 times in less than a minute actually. The other company told her she HAD to take it to a certain place, I said no thanks I have my own shop. Now, the shop they were going to use has bad service and I do not trust, and while I know the people who run the shop I chose, they have great service and great integrity. You can have who ever you want do the repairs, and in NC where this happened, the other adjuster will come out and go over the car with your guy in the interest of fairness. We were happy with how it turned out.

Sounds normal to me. It isn't right, but it sounds normal. You have a specialized vehicle, and they don't "do" specialized vehicles, just unmodified cars and trucks.

It used to be that it took 3 estimates, submitted in triplicate and notarized by your Rabbi to get a claim taken care of. Now, in most cases, you take it to who you believe will do the best work. Never have the other party assess the damages, they will always estimate low

I'll volunteer for that half.

Make your insurance company work for you.

Go and get YOUR estimates.

Then let them duke it out. Hopefully you have a rental car in your policy, and if so drive the PISS out of it.

Well I said I'd take $2000, they countered with $1500, I said I'd settle for $1750 and I will not pursue them to hire an independent appraiser like the independet appraiser clause states they have to do. I said if they do not settle for $1750 we'll need to have further discussion, and if they do accept $1750 I'll end this on the spot.

No, I replaced the steering and had my bodyshop friend cut the CA mount off, straighten it, and weld it back on. Been driving it since the evening that they took the rental car back. That was my deadline! Got some new longer coils and shocks in the front, still have to do the rear. So for now it has ghetto lean to the rear because I didn't have time to lift the rear to the same height.

Go through your insurance. If your ins. feels its worth more and she's obviously at fault they'll pay you less your deductible and pay you for the deductible once they get paid by the other insurance company.

I used to work in insurance and her company is full of shit.

Back