• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

Didn't hack on the 30 tonight.
Was thinking to make use of shock towers for extra storage over fenders then started seeing things inside and out.
Theres enough tube around my place things could get scary. Aswell as expanded metal
56f4d857cb7056c892fa8dc26bd6ded2.jpg
e7a8130bf0b42180f080748b7db0fddc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Man o man I need a friend with a bender.... How far are you from Fort Collins CO??? LOL

Tuned in to see where this goes...

Atm I dont have much metal at my current house.. Replenishing tools and scrap metal pile that I once had. I had an unlimited resource in NM... Better welder, plasma cutter, torch etcetc..

Still, once the sawzaw and grinder get out, no telling how much "weight reduction" happens! Lmao

Last edited:
I'm guessing 8-10hours away.

Not sure where I'm going with the bender. Probably nothing wild.

Today I'm working out of the jeep since my pickup batteries were dead. Doing 75 it steers straighter than my truck by far.

Headed home now. Will have logged about 120 freeway miles if it makes it back , haha

I’ll bring the beer!

The bender has already paid for itself with the bumpers and fenders.. now you’re just having fun which I envy! If I had one and the tube, I’d bend up a cage to sho. Half exo with halo roof rack and internal spreaders and abc pillars. Would be easy to tie in to your fenders and even the rear stuff you got goin on.

Looks fun!

Good to hear about the road manners! And that’s still steering damper/ stabilizer free? That’s how mine is too. ZJ didn’t like it as much but the XJ does fine without one. I guess hydro assist will eventually act as one (kinda) down the line

Has to be power steering box no? Seems to be when you had the wheel ever so slightly left and quoted down as you brought it around

I think it's the rear axle. It's also started leaking from the pinion in the past day or so maybe today.
These might keep me from tearing to much into the dana30 axle swap may be coming soon..

I did some looking and wanted to fit a decent sized cooler in the back without loosening to much storage. Tubes creat a second deck for storage rtic 45 cooler fits between the tubes and is 15 7/8 tall the tubes are 16" from cargo floor and will be sheeted with expanded metal

Hoping this will provide tons of accessible storage under and over. May run a tube around the ceiling line to creat a wall behind the seat to mount jack shovel and fire extinguisher.
I feel naked not having a full size pony shovel in the jeep. This wall will make that possible. The long tools just dont fit on the floor.

Were headed out to do some trails tomorrow up higher. Will check fluids and give everything a kick I'm guessing sometime soon that whine will let itself be known it changes with load . I normally dont run 75 so maybe its balance thing. Or pinion bearings going. Who knows.

Ohhh no steering stabalizer I've never been big on them since they dont do much. This steering feels great without it.
d5b9495ba1453c28b084b490215d63d6.jpg

Anyone notice the xj factory links arent parrel.
Axle end is about 8.5 separation and frame sides about.
And theres an inch maybe alittle more room inside the factory lower control arm bracket to refill that inch r so higher to raise it. And make links closer parallel

C gussets! One thing I’ve though about with the axle out... but will probably wait until it’s under the Jeep... reason being is I will change the ball joints at that time (after all has cooled) and it’s easier when the axle is being held to the Jeep instead of breaker bars trying to keep it from moving on jack stands

That’s a different front end ya?

What’s the swap for?

Get rid of the CAD axle and get slightly lower gears.
Yes will wait to do balljoints ounce back in. Thinking about hacking the passenger side upper bracket off to truss it. Maybe just leave it off or build a bracket on the truss

I'll probably put this under the jeep as just a houseing then do balljoints and rob knuckles and brakes off the other axle when it comes out.
a4324246f1266ed78aa081bc9121aecd.jpg
6840b9181ea01811f0b01f486b18792a.jpg
d66862719ea9c7307a8d4e969c14bbaf.jpg

A white one. My favorite flavor.

They just accumulate somehow.

Lol yeah.
Got it for transmission and steering column. Might be few other good parts on it to.
Whoa shackle bolted to a shackle does have some lift coils in the front.
It will be fun.
I've never had high beams cause my switch is out on mine and column moves when you steer.
My 4th gears gone synchros are junk. Hoping this ones a good tranny.
671de6a3a354177ff317a7c11c4ac1d7.jpg
ef6c4c92e95f850d97c6e87f416f1696.jpg
b939326b6c5b75b8825dabd3eed3a478.jpg
884bee37bee91be07656dc9cbd5ee408.jpg
4dc0be6374687d5b9f8b11943af36317.jpg

A white 5 speed. Even better.

That poor thing has had a rough life.

Back