• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

You gonna sell the Ho-B?

I get what your saying, and thought about getting a shock in 12" travel and making it work... but realistically a 28" extended shock I'm getting more droop, but for cool pics or practical use? I'm bump stopped and limit strapped to point that I stay out of the fenders with 35s, and don't have pointless droop IE unsprung weight. I've found having it dialed and tamed can be be more advantageous than down travel that unseat coils. I've done both. Limit straps are my preferred method. Coil overs and thats a different story, give me flex!

not sure if im going to sell it. I could keep it as my flux machine.

Yes 12" is kinda just for fun.

Acutuned shocks are a dream in any length theyl be amlater. But 800 for a pair. But in the long run I can revalve them myself for future un known rigs and builds
Another good reason to go 12 is theyl work in the future as things grow fenders go away more tube bending happens.
Longer shocks also work better in rough terrain going fast (I think)
Im kinda broke for awhile. No shock or or kinda of parts buying.

But I can burn my long arm brackets on the frame. Redo 3link upper axle sidd bracket. I want to raise it 1" with a position to raise it 2" so I can get a more stable ride and bigger tire later. Right now I'm 7" seperation at axle i love it off road but its a handful at 65mph. Konda like shock tunning but in the seperation

I've been paying attention to rock bouncer link seperation one common thing is on the frame side they have zero to 8" no common rule on frame sidd.
They all have lots of seperation on axle side

Im blabbering

Well my machine has made it. I picked up a spool 12" 035, blade for my saw, tips for the mdx 250amp gun, nozzle gel anti spatter spray and a c25 tank 150 size. Tank cost 280. I may get a spare 80cube tank later.
I feel like a newb getting set up for tge first time.

80cube tank was only 50 bucks less.

Im at work thinking I may head home early. Lol

Appears im one of the first in my area was talking warranty stuff with my local miller dealer. They haven't seen a multimatic 235 yet. They've got all the other machines from 211-350ps

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It welds well . I still worked on the cart with the hobart.

Will do a small upper shelf and make a place for gun and ground.

235 came with a stick stinger, I didn't think it was going to.
I ran some beads on auto set. I was actually impressed I also really like how it starts the arc. Ran a few beads beads gun feels good and cable is more flexible than what the hobart has.

Will actually do something with it soon.
81096f47464dbdc6bb206ed98b2a693f.jpg
b04d64ce9431b2f6d0bde35a11c36b23.jpg
686b5c16f52d11bf57aa2111985e35be.jpg
dd2fe96d7729cbc034f4e4e9311bc1ce.jpg
6cc6adb686ee866dbe710cd011cfa41f.jpg

Burned some 7018 and wire this morning. Grab and burn on auto set with confidence
2a86e4d08191fd87af2409d337108b6c.jpg
59cb4da07286e4fe098d4fa37ff31a42.jpg

Looks like a solid investment!

Bought such a fancy welder you have to sell the XJ so you can eat?

EvansRigForSaleOPT.gif

This sounds like an O'Henry story.

Haha wish I could edit.

Have a trailer in garage now welder is already started its first paying job. If push comes to shuv the jeep would go before the welder.

I have a big stick welder that lately is rarely used. Itl also stay before the jeep goes and yes i will starve before i give up welding machines.

My new machine was about half funded with our excavation funds. I do our equipment repair and fab on-site and in my garage

Treasure Valley.

Surprised as all getout to see a Jeep I recognized looking to be for sale for parts.

That's quite the commute from Rattlesnake Creek.

On the plus side, I expect you are largely going the opposite direction of the rush hour crowd.

What is the "lost trail"?

My XJ is not built big. I am on 30s with a locker in the rear.

I am game for trails, but my XJ's limits are several notches lower than are yours.

Yours will probably out wheel mine. The lost trail is in the Owyhees. Mostly easy stuff but there are some runs id imagine only buggies can make.

Found this video.

Theres hundreds of millions of miles of trails in the owhees.

At the beginning they cross the river at marshing

https://youtu.be/QTLi8M-xMWk

Looks like most of that would be fine. The rocks he was playing with at the end are probably out of my league.

Video got a thumbs up from me solely on the sound track... not a thing that he took on thag i wouldn't have taken my full body junk up. For such a built $$$ rig he took some weak lines. Like that little hill at the end, ida gone up the path straight on from the pov of the camera up that fall- in his rig not mine of course lol looks fun tho

he did you go up one waterfall ledge up and over the top. I winched the entire way from ledge to top. His video doesn't give good perspective.
The rock runs out there are reasons why i want lower crawl and better approach angle. Some the ledges are as tall as me and vertical, took some doing to get it passed my bumper and standing on her tail to then let the winch do the rest .

Back