• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first poll, and I guess it's a dumb one...

How do you say it?

• "ennay, eks-jayay"

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • "naksjuh"

Votes: 67 68.4%
  • Who cares. Get a life.

Votes: 20 20.4%

• Total voters

WrenchMonkey

NAXJA Member #771
NAXJA Member
When you say it out loud, is it "ennay, eks-jayay," or just "naksjuh?"

:dunno:

Robert

NAX-JAY...

and then the kid with the XJ at the gas station says "Huh?" then I have to spell it.

I've always said naksjuh, but it seems like everyone I talk to via the phone says ennay x jayay.

ive always said it like naksjuh.... followed by "the North American XJ Association" before they can ask "whats that stand for"

then i have to explain to a cherokee owner what an XJ is :hang:

i use both, more of ennay, eks-jayay than naksjuh, most of my friends dont know what naksjuh is, with ennay, eks-jayay i can follow up with north american......

That's funny you bring this up. Just this weekend I met another member on the trail. When I mentioned "ennay, eks-jayay", he corrected me and said it's pronounced "naksjuh".

Good poll!

Gary

naksjuh here...but it's whatever....as long as the person i'm talking to knows what the heck it is, pernunciation doesn't bother me.

And try explaining to people who don't even understand the Jeep thing what NAXJA and the XJ are....

I say naksjuh. Lats weeks a po-ten-shial member in anudder eksjay aksed me whut dat en-aye-ekssjaay-aye steeker wuz on my ride. I told him naksjah, set him straieeeet!!! Sheeeit.

I ate a bay-bay!

Last edited:
Back