• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my AUSI 300mm front brake retro/ Teraflex rear disc conversion

Ken at KNS Brakes [[email protected]] can get the rotors and pads. The part number for the rotor is DBA 4504.

Also, Porterfield Performance Brakes can do pads for this kit in several compounds.

Funny thing,...none of these 2 site list brakes for non US Ford.

Sites on Australia and/or Britain/England do list pads from different manufactures for the donor vehicle.

Do KNS manufacture pads or are they merchant/reseller?

300 MM rotors are as easy as going to your favorite retail parts store and getting a set of rotors for a 2004 Ford Sport track then reducing the diameter from 12.01" to 11.75" and install them. The 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee are also similar in size which also need the diameter reduced in addition to re-drilling the bolt holes to 5 X 4.5. Getting a good set of pads off the shelf here in the US,...that is a different story.

Funny thing,...none of these 2 site list brakes for non US Ford.

Sites on Australia and/or Britain/England do list pads from different manufactures for the donor vehicle.

Do KNS manufacture pads or are they merchant/reseller?

300 MM rotors are as easy as going to your favorite retail parts store and getting a set of rotors for a 2004 Ford Sport track then reducing the diameter from 12.01" to 11.75" and install them. The 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee are also similar in size which also need the diameter reduced in addition to re-drilling the bolt holes to 5 X 4.5. Getting a good set of pads off the shelf here in the US,...that is a different story.

So what are folks doing for replacement pads? I should probably think about getting a set of those as well..

gptrilik

KNS, Porterfield, or the stock ones.

I have several of the stock ones available. FYI, if you forgot or misplaced them, the kits came with two sets of pads.

Yes, the kit came with 2 sets of pads. I have se that is unused. The other set have about 3,000 miles on them. If I get my hands on a set that have a good cold bite I would get rid of both sets that I have and not look back.

No, I have not gotten replacement pads as yet but it is on my short list of things that need to be replaced/upgraded.

I still have a set of the stockers...

I did get shipped pricing back on the T2s vs T3s..

$260, vs $616 respectively..

ouch on those T3s.. I may just get the T2s and be good with that for now, then start to build a pick list for a WJ upgrade.

gptrilik

KNS, Porterfield, or the stock ones.

I have several of the stock ones available. FYI, if you forgot or misplaced them, the kits came with two sets of pads.

Update... I did finally get the T2 rotors come in a couple of weeks ago.. Shipping via a boat is really really really slow..

Bad news for me is after I tore into it all I see some piston damage on one of the calipers where the inner pad and metal backing to it kinda fell apart from wear. The winters here don't help.

Pic of blown seal and damaged caliper piston.

https://trilikis.smugmug.com/Cars/Jeep-Cherokee/i-ddkw7Vj

Pic of way way way way past worn pad from front brake.. Nobody to blame here but myself.

https://trilikis.smugmug.com/Cars/Jeep-Cherokee/i-GBn7Dsw

I'm reaching out to UPC to see if they have caliper rebuild kits with replacement pistons. If they don't, I will replace the kit with another big brake kit perhaps where parts are available in country. Whatever parts for the original kit sitting here I will part it out to whomever may need them.

Thanks!

gptrilik

I still have a set of the stockers...

I did get shipped pricing back on the T2s vs T3s..

$260, vs $616 respectively..

ouch on those T3s.. I may just get the T2s and be good with that for now, then start to build a pick list for a WJ upgrade.

gptrilik

Update... I did finally get the T2 rotors come in a couple of weeks ago.. Shipping via a boat is really really really slow..

Bad news for me is after I tore into it all I see some piston damage on one of the calipers where the inner pad and metal backing to it kinda fell apart from wear. The winters here don't help.

Pic of blown seal and damaged caliper piston.

https://trilikis.smugmug.com/Cars/Jeep-Cherokee/i-ddkw7Vj

Pic of way way way way past worn pad from front brake.. Nobody to blame here but myself.

https://trilikis.smugmug.com/Cars/Jeep-Cherokee/i-GBn7Dsw

I'm reaching out to UPC to see if they have caliper rebuild kits with replacement pistons. If they don't, I will replace the kit with another big brake kit perhaps where parts are available in country. Whatever parts for the original kit sitting here I will part it out to whomever may need them.

Thanks!

gptrilik

WOW! You really put a hurting on those pads. The set on my XJ right now still have the chamfer on them and not more that 3,000 miles. The second set is laying in the store room untouched. If you get the calipers repaired and need a set of pads I will let you have them for shipping cost.

Appreciate it. I need to line up a replacement piston first. I do still have pad set #2 from 10 years ago. I will try to reuse those if I can get the caliper repaired. Outer Diameter on them are almost at 42mm which is about 1 3/4"... Time to start sending emails.

Thanks!

gptrilk

Appreciate it. I need to line up a replacement piston first. I do still have pad set #2 from 10 years ago. I will try to reuse those if I can get the caliper repaired. Outer Diameter on them are almost at 42mm which is about 1 3/4"... Time to start sending emails.

Thanks!

gptrilk

PBR in the States (obviously) couldn't find any record of this caliper. I am working with Tony from UPC Sales on Ebay in Australia to source the replacement parts. Full set of 'rubbers' per caliper is $20 AUS, Pistons are $15 AUS each. Shipping will be the main cost, still figuring out that.

gptrilik

PBR in the States (obviously) couldn't find any record of this caliper. I am working with Tony from UPC Sales on Ebay in Australia to source the replacement parts. Full set of 'rubbers' per caliper is $20 AUS, Pistons are $15 AUS each. Shipping will be the main cost, still figuring out that.

gptrilik

$25 AUS for shipping. Not too bad. Now the waiting game.

Thanks for letting me ride on this thread. ;-)

gptrilik

$25 AUS for shipping. Not too bad. Now the waiting game.

Yeah, that is definitely acceptable. Shipping is what I was worried about.

How did the pad do that to the piston anyhow?

I might have mentioned this before, but for those that do need pads I have several sets available.

Hi is there an update on the bracket?
Maybe someone has a drawing that I can use…
No.

but for those that do need pads I have several sets available.

Are these pads the same as those that came in the kit? I could not find a brand name or a marking of any kind on those I have.

Are these pads the same as those that came in the kit? I could not find a brand name or a marking of any kind on those I have.

They are the same ones that came with the kits.

Back