• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my AUSI 300mm front brake retro/ Teraflex rear disc conversion

[LEFT said:
XJRocket[/LEFT];244183834]Eh I don't think they are exactly the same. I know the hub register is different... I have a 98 Cobra and have tried it. Urban
Yan
, Can you tell us the hole to hole dimension on the caliper mounts? The
stang
is 132mm. Also can you find the hub/rotor offset (back of rotor to back of hat)?

I just checked my drawing of the caliper bracket for you and the Falcon caliper hole spacing is 130 mm.
Falcon rotor diameter is 298 mm, total rotor height is 65 mm, thickness 28 mm, centre hole 71.5 mm
Your Cobra rotor diameter is 330 mm, total rotor height is 43.5 mm, thickness 28 mm, centre hole 71 mm

I am actually thinking of building another kit using those Cobra rotors but with my new set of 4 piston Brembo calipers I have from an SRT. :rolleyes:

I just checked my drawing of the caliper bracket for you and the Falcon caliper hole spacing is 130 mm.
Falcon rotor diameter is 298 mm, total rotor height is 65 mm, thickness 28 mm, centre hole 71.5 mm
Your Cobra rotor diameter is 330 mm, total rotor height is 43.5 mm, thickness 28 mm, centre hole 71 mm

I am actually thinking of building another kit using those Cobra rotors but with my new set of 4 piston Brembo calipers I have from an SRT. :rolleyes:

Or you could use the Brembos off of a Euro Focus RS... Which is identical to the Cobra R calipers over here, and identical to many brembos on Peugeots, Renaults, and other "Euro cars." Do they have the Focus RS in Australia?

I already have a couple of sets of the SRT Brembos that came on the Challenger and Grand Cherokee.
Think we got a limited number of the Focus RS but there are more of the Evo's and other Japanese cars that have them than Euro's here.

So what's a legit upgrade to the front brakes that doesn't require me to spend a fortune.

Upgrade time.
I was going to wait for the weather to improve, but a leak in my front brake line changed my plans.

- DBA T3 Clubspec 4000 Front Rotors
- StopTech High Carbon Cryo-Stop Brake Rear Rotors
- Hawk HPS High Performance Street Pads
- ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid

dba-brakes01_zps0f482a03.jpg

dba-brakes05_zpsa3f8804e.jpg

dba-brakes03_zpsd7e67949.jpg

dba-brakes04_zpsde2ba529.jpg

I knew they were high quality, but I have never seen an actual photo of one.

So any difference from the original ones in the 300mm upgrade set of the 06, 07, 08 timeframe?

I'm in the need of a pair and wondering whether to go this route or even perhaps back to a setup where I can get consumables in continent...

Gptrilik

Was Ken not able to get you a pair?

I got a response back from him with pricing. If he gave them to me in USD, the T3 rotors are more than the group buy price for the kit 10 years ago.. I'm hoping that he quoted me in Australian dollars..

Waiting to hear back. Based on what he says I will either pick up a pair of T3 rotors, or start planning the journey back to parts that I can source here in the States.

gptrilik

Is the T3 the only ones he can get currently?

No he quoted me the T2s as well. The T3s are marketed towards club racers.. Not sure I need something like that for the XJ. What I don't recall is what kind of rotor was on it originally with the kit Marcus had?

Do you recall?

gptrilik

The ones that came stock were just a step above the stock rotors with slots. Not bad but nothing special. If the T3s are that much I don't think you would really need that. Personally I would go with their cheapest rotor with slots. While DBA is new to the US market they are known for high quality in Australia. I don't think you will go wrong with any of their rotors.

So any difference from the original ones in the 300mm upgrade set of the 06, 07, 08 timeframe?

I'm in the need of a pair and wondering whether to go this route or even perhaps back to a setup where I can get consumables in continent...

Gptrilik

I am one of the original ( first set of users) purchasers here in the US as part of the group buy. The 300 MM (measured 298MM) rotors are rock solid and show no sign of wear. The pads are scary when cold. I have been keeping my eyes open for some good street pads with a cold bite but could find nothing here in the US at the normal brake parts suppliers. I think Talyn may know where some are availability.

Ken at KNS Brakes [[email protected]] can get the rotors and pads. The part number for the rotor is DBA 4504.

Also, Porterfield Performance Brakes can do pads for this kit in several compounds.

Back