• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 64 bits of goodness...

IndyXJ said:
That is great, I haven't priced anything since 04 when I built this 3200 and it was more than $600!! What vendor? As you know, Newegg is probably the best online company I've ever dealt with. If only more offroad/4x4 sites were run with such professionalism and reliability.
Check with Tiger Direct for the motherboard and CPU. They offer package deals with the two and the prices are usually really good.

IndyXJ said:
That is great, I haven't priced anything since 04 when I built this 3200 and it was more than $600!! What vendor? As you know, Newegg is probably the best online company I've ever dealt with. If only more offroad/4x4 sites were run with such professionalism and reliability.

newegg is where i priced it all. i agree with you 100% though. their service rules and i've never had any problem with them. they always have what i need for a ridiculously low price and it's always at my doorstep within 3 days.

what power supply are you running i know it sound crazy but the 64 bit are picky about power.

nice Gundam background by the way

I use thermaltake avaliable at most places.

my latest purchase is on its way

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX
Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
eVGA 256-P2-N564 Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card-SLI board
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply
COOLER MASTER CM Stacker STC-T01-UW Black/ Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case

i already have a gig of Corsiar XMS memory
as well as a Sony DVD burner

can't wait to see how much i can overclock this puppy

Wil Badger said:
what power supply are you running i know it sound crazy but the 64 bit are picky about power.

nice Gundam background by the way
I'm using a 500W PS. It may be finicky because it sometimes will randomly turn itself on. That's the first thing I'll try to check if I keep this setup.

Oh, and thanks about the background. I'm an anime nerd. :D

Starscream918 said:
I'm using a 500W PS. It may be finicky because it sometimes will randomly turn itself on. That's the first thing I'll try to check if I keep this setup.

Oh, and thanks about the background. I'm an anime nerd. :D

what brand PSU is it.i'm very picky about what i put in my comps and most MB are as well.

i stick to Antec TruePowers or PC Power & Cooling.i have heard Sparkels aren't bad but i haven't tried or done to much research on them.

any no name brand should be dumped out quickly for a good PSU

as for Anime fan join the club

jeepdude10000 said:
Its great having a aftermarket case , my CPU stays below 8 degrees celsius.
But do have a copper thermatake silent cooler.

I call some BS on that. I am watercooled and don't get temps that low. Unless it's 40 degrees in your computer room, there is no way. I've seen peltier systems that don't even get temps that low, with ambient temps being around 30 degrees.

Wil Badger said:
what brand PSU is it.i'm very picky about what i put in my comps and most MB are as well.

i stick to Antec TruePowers or PC Power & Cooling.i have heard Sparkels aren't bad but i haven't tried or done to much research on them.

any no name brand should be dumped out quickly for a good PSU

as for Anime fan join the club
I'm not exactly sure as to what brand, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say... Cooler Master? I'll have to check.

ssjkakkarotx said:
Nice set up. Is that Wing Zero in the background?
Original Wing.

one of your best bets when building a system is to never buy a case with a PSU in it.my suggestion would be to buy a good one and start there.64 bit systems don't like power spikes which you could be getting .

has it crashed since reseating the vid card

Wil Badger said:
one of your best bets when building a system is to never buy a case with a PSU in it.my suggestion would be to buy a good one and start there.64 bit systems don't like power spikes which you could be getting .

has it crashed since reseating the vid card
OK, here's the story:

It was crashing once I first installed everything. I then reseated the card and everything was working semi-OK. That's when the sound crap started. I then tried everything in my other thread (about having no sound) and I've finally just reformatted. Since reformatting it has now started to crash again. I don't think the timing has much to do with anything, it's pretty much random. Sometimes it will run for 5 minutes and sometimes for 20.

I'm going to take the card out and reseat it to see if that helps anything. If not, I've got a feeling I'll just get my money back and put my old board back in. "If it aint broke don't fix it."

ya computers are fun .my main game rig just took a massive dump on me causing me to purchase the system i listed above in the other post.

mine started doing the same thing and dropping out and crashing depending on what i was doing.to much of a load and it would just crash. i have pretty much narrowed it down to the CPU or the bios chip crapping out.

i don't think reseating the vid or sound card will cure your problem.it could be the hard drive crapping out on you .do you have an old drive sitting around ,it can even be a 4 gig and load up windows on to see if that one crashes.

GrayT said:
I call some BS on that. I am watercooled and don't get temps that low. Unless it's 40 degrees in your computer room, there is no way. I've seen peltier systems that don't even get temps that low, with ambient temps being around 30 degrees.

My case runs three fans for itself system temp stays around 25 degrees, my harddrive has its own cooler and runs about 32 degrees. and my room stays around 25 degrees.
You have to remember its a gaming case, its designed to run cool.

Wil Badger said:
ya computers are fun .my main game rig just took a massive dump on me causing me to purchase the system i listed above in the other post.

mine started doing the same thing and dropping out and crashing depending on what i was doing.to much of a load and it would just crash. i have pretty much narrowed it down to the CPU or the bios chip crapping out.

i don't think reseating the vid or sound card will cure your problem.it could be the hard drive crapping out on you .do you have an old drive sitting around ,it can even be a 4 gig and load up windows on to see if that one crashes.
I dunno if I mentioned this earlier, but it is on-board sound - no additional sound card.

I know it isn't the drive, because I reformatted the drive on my sister's Dell and it never once gave me trouble.

jeepdude10000 said:
My case runs three fans for itself system temp stays around 25 degrees, my harddrive has its own cooler and runs about 32 degrees. and my room stays around 25 degrees.
You have to remember its a gaming case, its designed to run cool.

Your talking in celsius temps right?

Chero-King said:
Your talking in celsius temps right?

ya celsius. sorry about that.!!!1 :geek:

jeepdude10000 said:
ya celsius. sorry about that.!!!1 :geek:

ok good, cause my case usually hovers around 29-31*'s
Picture023.jpg

Back