• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muslim Cabbies refuse alcohol and dogs. ACLU strangely on the side of common sense?

motorcityxj said:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah :D

Let me see if I can make it more simple for you to understand.

What I said was that it was unlawful for a business or employee to refuse service to someone based on race, ethnicity, or religious beliefs. Can I make that statement any simpler to understand?

Go ahead and check with your lawyer.

Now I'm gong to join Ramsey eating some chocolate cake and having some milk. :D

Last edited:
Re: Muslim Cabbies refuse alcohol and dogs. ACLU strangely on the side of common sense?

I'm going to take a right turn and upset the linear thinking a bit.
Knowning the Muslim community better than most. Though I have to admit most of my aquaintances are from the middle class and aren't particularly religious (very few fanatics).
The reason may be religious, but more likely it is just a form of negotiation. Or better said, bargaining. Take a persons rules and/or regulations and use them to gain control over the situation or the negotiation.
I really don't know why so many people feel compeled to compromise. But you can bet, a sharp negotiator will use this trait to gain control and empowerment. Just as they will use, the tendancy most people have, to avoid conflict. Trickery more than anything else. Use somebody elses rules and/or phobias to get the best of them.
Just to get the whole thing in perspective, a leader of the Muslim community, more social than religious, gave me a whole set of John Wayne CD's, for Christmans. I'm guessing he had heard about a confrontation, between me and some Iraining Taxi driver. He had parked taking up three spaces, just because he could and I threatened to put a pig skin boot up his arse. The John Wayne CD's were a joke, but heck I like John Wayne.
Generally, over the years I've gained there respect. Parallel social structures, that aren't actually in conflict, most times. But work a whole lot better, with a little mutual respect.
Mutual respect doesn't mean you have to eat there crap and like it.
My religion is just as relavant as anybody elses, my social structure just as kindred, my color just as significant. Don't start no chit, don't take no chit.

Last edited:
8Mud said:
I'm going to take a right turn and upset the linear thinking a bit.
Knowning the Muslim community better than most. Though I have to admit most of my aquaintances are from the middle class and aren't particularly religious (very few fanatics).
The reason may be religious, but more likely it is just a form of negotiation. Or better said, bargaining. Take a persons rules and/or regulations and use them to gain control over the situation or the negotiation. I really don't know why so many people feel compeled to compromise. But you can bet, a sharp negotiator will use this trait to gain control and empowerment.
Trickery more than anything else. No camels to steal, so they do the best they can, with what they got. :)
Just to get the whole thing in perspective, a leader of the Muslim community, more social than religious, gave me a whole set of John Wayne CD's, for Christmans. Generally, over the years I've gained there respect. Parallel social structures, that aren't actually in conflict, most times. But work a whole lot better, with a little mutual respect.
Mutual respect doesn't mean you have to eat there crap and like it.
My religion is just as relavant as anybody elses, my social structure just as kindred, my color just as significant. Don't start no chit, don't take no chit.

If that is the case, then I think the cabbies should be fired or lose their licenses. In most places in the U.S. at least, hacks are licensed and fares are regulated. You should be able to get into a cab at the airport or anywhere else and pay the posted fare and the commonly accepted tip without having to haggle as if you were buying a rug from a street merchant.

Matthew Currie said:
If that is the case, then I think the cabbies should be fired or lose their licenses. In most places in the U.S. at least, hacks are licensed and fares are regulated. You should be able to get into a cab at the airport or anywhere else and pay the posted fare and the commonly accepted tip without having to haggle as if you were buying a rug from a street merchant.
Agreed.

There is a fairly religious Muslim family living fifty yards up the street. I'm always courtious, don't mind being the first (always) to initiate a good morning or whatever.
3:30 AM and the clan chief was walking up the street, (my side) the dogs go nuts (just like they are supposed to do). He stops and glares at the window (unecessary). I get my dog, take a walk up the street and let him pee on the guys tires.

Last edited:
Re: Muslim Cabbies refuse alcohol and dogs. ACLU strangely on the side of common sense?

I had a thought, maybe it is there way of getting even, for the cigarette Nazi's putting them through withdrawal.

Thats ok... less business will only hurt them

motorcityxj said:
The Muslims are out to control this country.

Now it's a true statment.

SBrad001 said:
Let me see if I can make it more simple for you to understand.

What I said was that it was unlawful for a business or employee to refuse service to someone based on race, ethnicity, or religious beliefs. Can I make that statement any simpler to understand?

Go ahead and check with your lawyer.

Now I'm gong to join Ramsey eating some chocolate cake and having some milk. :D

your analogy of the pharmacist = cabbie at the airport is not very good. Granted its not terrible, but i think i am right. Think of it this way if you dont like non biorth control selling pharmacists. Pharmacists are doctors by the way, no just because someone is a doctor does not mean they have to give you any prescription you want, they decide if your a candidate, you cant DEMAND surgery if the surgeon feels your too risky or its not needed etc. Your not the boss. The distinction you keep missing is the airport has a contract with the cab company, and you cant just open the phone book and get any cab there to pick you up.

motorcityxj said:
your analogy of the pharmacist = cabbie at the airport is not very good. Granted its not terrible, but i think i am right. Think of it this way if you dont like non biorth control selling pharmacists. Pharmacists are doctors by the way, no just because someone is a doctor does not mean they have to give you any prescription you want, they decide if your a candidate, you cant DEMAND surgery if the surgeon feels your too risky or its not needed etc. Your not the boss. The distinction you keep missing is the airport has a contract with the cab company, and you cant just open the phone book and get any cab there to pick you up.

Wrong.

This has been decided in court already. A pharmacist in Fl sued for wrongful termination after he was fired for refusing to fill birth control prescriptions.

He lost.

SBrad001 said:
Wrong.

This has been decided in court already. A pharmacist in Fl sued for wrongful termination after he was fired for refusing to fill birth control prescriptions.

He lost.

ahhhhhhhhh this is going no where you obviously have your mind made up. I thought we already established the pharmacist analogy the pharmacist is an independent businessman. He doesn’t have to even be open every day much less sell you whatever you want. This pharmacist that got fired should be fired I agreed if he worked for someone else, who’s goal is making money off legally available products. You’re not helping your argument. The cabbies in the airport are employees of a cab company, the cab company PAYS to be in the airport, and these cabbies want to just sit there idle at the curb NOT MAKING MONEY THEMSELVES OR THE CAB COMPANY. That’s why I am arguing with you. This was part of my “Muslim are out of control” comment ….. They clearly don’t understand basic business concepts.

If you worked for me and didn’t sell my line of whatever I sell, you would be fired and loose in court. If you think you can make me sell you what you want and I own my own business you have zero case and maybe some mental problem or perception of reality problem.

motorcityxj said:
ahhhhhhhhh this is going no where you obviously have your mind made up. I thought we already established the pharmacist analogy the pharmacist is an independent businessman. He doesn’t have to even be open every day much less sell you whatever you want. This pharmacist that got fired should be fired I agreed if he worked for someone else, who’s goal is making money off legally available products. You’re not helping your argument. The cabbies in the airport are employees of a cab company, the cab company PAYS to be in the airport, and these cabbies want to just sit there idle at the curb NOT MAKING MONEY THEMSELVES OR THE CAB COMPANY. That’s why I am arguing with you. This was part of my “Muslim are out of control” comment ….. They clearly don’t understand basic business concepts.

If you worked for me and didn’t sell my line of whatever I sell, you would be fired and loose in court. If you think you can make me sell you what you want and I own my own business you have zero case and maybe some mental problem or perception of reality problem.

While I think that what you say is true, in this case I think it's less important than the question of who is permitted to serve the airport. If airport service is limited, and not open to any cab company that wishes to do business there, then drivers who cannot meet the basic standards of serving the public should be excluded and replaced even if they and their bosses are untroubled by the business aspect of it.

I think a better analogy in that case would be if a religious organization bought your local cable company and then blacked out science programs it found offensive. That's something they could freely do if they were broadcasting or even if they were running a competitive satellite service, but it would be unacceptable in a natural monopoly such as cable service, where government regulations forbid competition.

Back