• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

muffler

He said "no cat" OR "hi flo to keep it legal."

Counternominated. :D

Robert

Oh yeah well I counter your counternomination on the basis that you are being a troll, Robert! :D

:roflmao: Thats funny right there! :cheers:

In Florida it's amplified, example: There's a guy in town that has an XJ with 38/40's(not exactly sure but huge!) on D30/D35 with 12"+ lift blocks and what looked like two front springs that were welded together to make one tall spring with a tube that's been attached to the drag link as an extension to make the stretch, no front DS, and a snorkel so he can make it through 15' of water. I've been driving around with my camera for the past four months hoping I would come across him because it would top almost everything that has ever been posted here, it would easily win tard of the year

In Florida it's amplified, example: There's a guy in town that has an XJ with 38/40's(not exactly sure but huge!) on D30/D35 with 12"+ lift blocks and what looked like two front springs that were welded together to make one tall spring with a tube that's been attached to the drag link as an extension to make the stretch, no front DS, and a snorkel so he can make it through 15' of water. I've been driving around with my camera for the past four months hoping I would come across him because it would top almost everything that has ever been posted here, it would easily win tard of the year

Haha, please get pics for us. I bet its on a forum for morons down there somewhere! :D

I have a Turbo- FLO muffler (I think) that the PO installed keeping the stock pipe and it sounds great. I think If I were doing my own exhaust I would go with flowmaster. but I have been told that the "off-road" version of the 40 is a waste of money and to just go with the regular one.

I had been running a glasspack on the MJ but just replaced it last weekend with a dual chamber Thrush. The ‘pack is cool and all, but it’s become a bit annoying (I have bare floorboards inside and it’s kinda loud) plus it doesn’t have a spark arrestor on it.

I don't have any sound clips, but the Thrush is the same design as a FM40….and the friggin' thing weighs like 10 lbs

garage001-4.jpg

garage002-4.jpg

garage003-3.jpg

replaced this…..

garage004-1.jpg

garage005.jpg

I've got an 01, with the stock precats, a factory cat with custom rock rash, and a flowmaster 40.

It sounds great, flows great, and doesn't drone badly at all.

Are those zip ties I see?

yep :)

that was only a temporary setup to figure out if I liked the glasspack or not.....I didn't. Now I have the Thrush setup clamped on with the same turndown/dump before the axle and like it, it's all coming back off to get mig'd and I'll install a real hanger.

Hey, it passed VA inspection like that, so it ain't all that bad (redneck, yes)

Jeff

yep :)

that was only a temporary setup to figure out if I liked the glasspack or not.....I didn't. Now I have the Thrush setup clamped on with the same turndown/dump before the axle and like it, it's all coming back off to get mig'd and I'll install a real hanger.

Hey, it passed VA inspection like that, so it ain't all that bad (redneck, yes)

Jeff

Well, it's definitely not the worst thing the government has approved. I knew zip ties were tough I just thought that they would have melted through and left you dragging ass but apparently not. Good on ya'

ive ran alot of mufflers on my jeeps, all 4.0 XJ's

Flowmater 40, ran this on my 95 with a gutted cat(was back in high school didnt know any better) and no tail pipe, was extremely loud and got anoying after awhile, installed new cat and tailpipe was still to loud and anoying, did get ripped off my jeep multiple time and dragged over rock and never leaked

Flowmaster 50 ran this on my 93 sounded good but the droning got anoying after awhile

Cherry Bomb Turbo- its what i curently run on my 93, sound good and isnt to loud or anoying, i would def recomend it, $30 at autozone

Dynomay Ultra Flow- ran this on my 98, biggest waste of money, sounded like shit and was extremely loud and anoying, also lost low end tourque with it, you couldnt pay me to run it again

Dynomax super turbo- curently on my 98, nice and quiete when cruising around but nice sound when you get on it, would also recomend it

i havent ran the Thrush 2 chamber on a xj, have a friend who does and it sounds great, im gonna be running one on my trail rig

Currently, I have a edelbrock SDT muffler on mine. not too loud inside compared to the flowmaster 40 that was on it before, but it had a nice deep sound to it.

haa i'm new at the XJ life but its deff addicting, but even the 12" lifted reject sounds like a real mullet man to ME!

when i run the new muffler i'll prob put new cat as well, is it just a stock cat i tell them to run especially wondering cuz the after market muffler? Lotta good info from you guys and thanks, leaning lil towards the thrush! i want the rumble but like ive said before more important is performance for my money, sure dont wanna loose power like one of ya gents quoted.

I run the flowmaster super 40 doesn't drone much at all and has a sweet rumble at idle and sounds nasty giving it the boot

haha don't rip on that guy, as I am sure it is a "mud truck" giving it a free pass on any blindingly stupid build decisions he made

oh wait, that means "retard hick truck barely running, giving offroaders a bad reputation, and likely to self destruct and kill everyone in the ten cars it collides with", rip on him all you want.

What does he want to go through 15 feet of water for? Is he a recent transplant from post-Katrina New Orleans or something?

I am running a Flowmaster Super 44 with 3" inlet, 2.5" dual out, dumped right after the muffler outlets on my Trail XJ. Sound great (beside ticking from exhaust leak on the header) even some guy who went off road with me thought I had V-8 or a Stroker LOL

My other XJ (undecided if it will be my another trail rig or a Daily Driver bitch) have APN header, all new pipe from the down pipe to the tip with no cat with a Cherry bomb muffer (it came with the jeep brand spankin new so I reuse it to save $$) and it came out to sound pretty quiet and good.

Back