• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mtn City/Callantee Sat 12/13

Cnickgo

Do you need assistance?
A group from NC4x4 is headed up to Callantee this Saturday. If anyone wants to come out we are meeting sometime 8-9am.

Bump. Meeting time is 9am. If you don't know about Callantee, it's in Mountain City Tn., and has some surprisingly difficult challenges. The rock will be wet too, adding to the fun.

Be sure to post up pics from the trip.

Callantee is a blast and I only saw a little bit of it. I hope to return there soon.

never been wheelin there but did race a hare scrambles there a few years back. that was a tough one but a lot of fun.
i imagine wheeling there would be a blast also.

Last minute BUMP!

C'mon people. Its snowing. The waterfall should be frozen. We complain about how we don't have enough trips, and then no-one wants to go?

I will definitely come back with some pictures. Maybe at the least they will be convincing enough we can set up a trip more in advance so people will come.

Well guys that was a hell of a trip for me! Had a great trail leader who kept everyone together, we hit all the major attractions and everyone had a good time.

I got in over my head for awhile going up Welder. We were all surprised how well my XJ did, considering I am open/open on some very tame "a/t"s. One guy was shocked when I told him it was my DD, as hard as I was beating on it. I sure did miss my MT's. About 100 yards from the top of Welder I finally gave in to strapping up to the Purple People Eater. Probably a move that saved me a couple axle shafts at that point.

The whole park is great. There are some nasty obstacles and hidden gardens, scenic ridge line drives, tank style trail, and lots and lots of water. It was pretty slick out there today, so even the built rigs bypassed some challenges.

Pictures (none really of me, hopefully the others took a few):
http://picasaweb.google.com/cnickgo/Callalantee?pli=1&gsessionid=IIVsFQAQJY_bVlUxdhchOw#

I can't believe how well you did (esp with no oil). :) You should be really proud of doing the whole park and only getting a strap once.

Back