• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to Tulsa time...

srimes

NAXJA Forum User
Hey yall,

I just joined this month, and I've accepted a job in Tulsa, OK. Scheduled to start in August, but if I can get out of here before then I will (I'm at the U of A, Fayetteville). It isn't too far from here, but anyone wheel near Tulsa? Also, any advice on where to look for a house? Clairmore looks nice.

wow,

bad timing i have been looking for a wheeling buddy for a while, but now i am moving to OKC, check out samsoffroad.com they are a local jeep haven :D

clairmore in nice, try sand springs, broken arrow or owasso, they are all nice towns

No claremore. I graduated high school from around there. Its not a nice town and its a commute to tulsa. If you are set on suburbia, try owasso, thats where i live now. 15 minutes to the heart of tulsa and a very nice, clean place to live.

My jeep isn't ready quite yet but will be in the next month. I don't know of all that many places to go yet bc i just got her a couple of weeks ago but i will soon.

okiejeep said:
No claremore. I graduated high school from around there. Its not a nice town and its a commute to tulsa. If you are set on suburbia, try owasso, thats where i live now. 15 minutes to the heart of tulsa and a very nice, clean place to live.

My jeep isn't ready quite yet but will be in the next month. I don't know of all that many places to go yet bc i just got her a couple of weeks ago but i will soon.

Thanks for the tip. What don't you like about claremore? We would like something rural, with a few acres, but a commute of less than 45 min. We've only looked online and haven't visited anywhere. My wife likes the look of claremore, and housing is affordable there. We don't want suburbia, we want rural.

We haven't talked to the bank yet, but it looks like our budget will be about 160k. And it looks like we can get a lot more house and land in claremore than owasso.

But we don't know the area, so all advice is appreciated.

Hey I live in Owasso. Welcome to Green Country. I'm also a real estate appraiser so I can give you some tips on good locations for housing with acreage. Claremore isn't bad but also look at Collinsville, Skiatook and the Bixby/Glenpool area. Just depends on what your wants are. Bixby is in south Tulsa, has a pretty good school system but is really growing fast. You'll buy a rural tract and in the next 5 to 7 years be in town probably. Collinsville and Skiatook are north of Tulsa, still within 30 min. and will probably still be rural/suburban for a while. Owasso is suburban but there are still some 1 to 5 acre tracts to be had. E mail me with any questions you might have, I'd be glad to help.
As far as places to wheel, I haven't found many. I use my XJ mostly for a hunting rig but some of my buddies go wheeling below the Grand lake dam. It's about an hour and a half from Owasso. Also some spots around Keystone lake. Again about an hour from Owasso. If you want a wheelin buddy let me know when you get settled.

I'm near Tulsa. On the good side of the state line though. I'll wheel with ya. Disney's real close to Tulsa. Then again it's real close to Fayetteville.

hey guys, im looking to wheel next saturday if all goes well with my suspension on monday. anybody in?

im looking to stay around tulsa, is there a place around oolagah lake and where is the place to wheel at keystone lake?

Back